What counts as spotting? re:coil

Desi's_lost

baby girl,boy and me
Reaction score
I have Mirena, i've had it in about two weeks. I know its suppose to cause spotting but exactly how much? I soak through 3-5 panty liners a day the last two days. Mostly at night. Its bright red blood which I assume is because the IUD is thinning something?

That sounds like more than spotting to me? And red blood is new blood... so it could just be your body adjusting to the new type of BC?

I have an appt for the IUD in July... because I keep forgetting my pill and can't risk it (no matter how low the risk!). And I know it can affect women differently- I've had most friends tell me it was fine within weeks and no more periods. So hopefully that ends up the case for you. Maybe ring your doc though with questions? I'm sure they could advise what's "common".

Hope it's all sorted soon!

The mirena site says "Spotting or light bleeding" so I dunno?
I'm hesitant to ring right now cos I have no way to the dr until earliest around 8pm =P

ETA: I called and they said I could make an appointment for tomorrow but I said I would call back cos I would have to talk to my mom anyway. I dunno what to do. I am having VERY mild and occasional period like cramps so it could be my period although it would be super early?
I just don't want to bother everyone to make an appointment and have it be nothing =/

Sorry- I've no real clue. I've been told cramping is normal the first week or so (spotting too)- but I dont' know how long that could last? I'm guessing everyone is different. Which is NO help.

If you can make the appt no issue- then go, it's not a bother, it's their job. But you know your body best-- I tend to let things go longer than I should sometimes (in hopes things sort out on their own)- but if not, then I make an appt... sorry I'm no real help!

I just went on the site too- since I'm planning to get one next month -- and it says 3-6mos to fully adjust. I had NO clue it could take that long... so I would think by that it's most likely normal? But you obviously know your body best hun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->