• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

what did i sign myself up for?!?!

mrs.rodrigues

Reaction score
Well ladies here i am out of lurking mode finally posting. AF arrives sometime this weekend which for me mean finally being able to give my first attepmt at TTC iui with donor sperm(frozen)

a little about me i am 23 recently married and me and my DW are finally ready to start our family. i have no know fertility problems but i am on the heay side 215lbs 5 foot 3 inches..i have regular periods andmy doc wants to start me on clomid for the first try and perhaps an hcg trigger....

obviously i read alot of information here but what am i really in for how many visits wil i see my RE for up until the day of the IUI, does it hurt, how can i increase my changes, things to do things not to do....the fact that its finally almost here im bugging out just praying ive been doing everything right..i try to think positive but then i remember the odds....how long did it take all of you? any on the first try? how do you prevent miscarriage?

most importantly how do i stop obsessing lol

Ok found you over here. So I have gone through one cycle so far and since then I have been obsessing about everything so maybe together we can find a cure for this!!

I am not on meds, RE wants to wait a little while to start that. The IUI itself does not hurt at all. As far as meds go I'm not in that boat like I said but some of the other ladies are. Have you started temping yet? This is something I see a lot and I will be doing that very soon. I just have to figure out when and what time to get up to actually take my temp. Depending on what you will be doing with the IUI depends on a lot. OPK's are very helpful, I use the digital ones. That way there is no confusion with the two lines and if O is there or not.

Hopefully this helps out a little bit. I know I didn't get all your questions answered. When do you go in for your first appointment? Good luck!! :hugs:

Ok found you over here. So I have gone through one cycle so far and since then I have been obsessing about everything so maybe together we can find a cure for this!!

I am not on meds, RE wants to wait a little while to start that. The IUI itself does not hurt at all. As far as meds go I'm not in that boat like I said but some of the other ladies are. Have you started temping yet? This is something I see a lot and I will be doing that very soon. I just have to figure out when and what time to get up to actually take my temp. Depending on what you will be doing with the IUI depends on a lot. OPK's are very helpful, I use the digital ones. That way there is no confusion with the two lines and if O is there or not.

Hopefully this helps out a little bit. I know I didn't get all your questions answered. When do you go in for your first appointment? Good luck!! :hugs:

Well like i said af is cooming this weekend ( am very regular so im pretty sure this will be the case) so my baseline bloodtest will be monday and i believe i will be starting clomid off the bat from what my doc said(my insurance covers nothing so hes being a bit aggressive) im not sure when the big day will be exactly.

I am not temping because when i mentioned that at the consult my doc said its a waste of time that will drive me crazy because according to him there are many factors that can throw it off. i am however taking prenatals, vitamin c, vitamin d with calicum, b6, and baby aspirn.

i am looking into buying opk's now on amazon looking for a good deal but i def want digital. also want to ask my doc about that hcg trigger...not sure he will go for it on try 1 but i would feel better knowing my body is def going to ovulate in a set time.

thank you for your support i should know before christmas if it worked or not!

:hugs:

Sounds like you have a very good plan so far. We are not covered for anything with insurance either, DH was kinda bummed about that as was I but we will get through it. I wish my RE was as aggressive as yours. I have to push her to get her to be aggressive. When I asked her about temping when I was there Friday she told me the same thing your RE told you, I think thats why I'm really thinking about it and still deciding. About the OPK's I have seen many women buy the cheap ones and the digital... use the cheap ones all the time and use the digital ones to confirm. They can cost quite a bit... I went through 2 packs this month because I have no idea what my body is doing yet.

If you have any questions this is a great place to be. Everyone is so helpful and it helps me out quite a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"