What did you call it?

BeckyBoo

Mum to 2
Reaction score
Ok I'm potty training Mikey, I understand alot later than usual, but I didn't have a clue and took me ages to take the plunge...

I haven't made disguised what it is... I call it pee pee and poo poo. And he'll say now "I need a poo" and then sit on the potty and do it...

Am I causing a problem? He's going to nursery in Febuary and I don't want people to think he's rude if he says "I need a poo" Instead of "Can I use the toilet."

Or am I just over worrying?

At Charlie's nursery, they refer to it as wee and poo, so I don't think you're doing anything wrong hun.

Oh, and 2 years 10 months isn't necessarily late for a boy! Well done you.:hugs:. I'm not even considering starting until after this baby is born, and that'll be another 6 months from now.

At Charlie's nursery, they refer to it as wee and poo, so I don't think you're doing anything wrong hun.

Oh, and 2 years 10 months isn't necessarily late for a boy! Well done you.:hugs:. I'm not even considering starting until after this baby is born, and that'll be another 6 months from now.

I wanted him dry before Kalea came but he just wasn't having it. So on Monday I threw away his nappies and told him he was my big clever boy and he didn't need them anymore. I've got the Night Pants for children who wet the bed as normal pull ups are too small. They're a size 4-7yr old :cry:.

He's doing great though, only a few accidents and haven't had one yet today!

I agree thats your not potty training him too young. I probably wont even try until Colton is 2.5-3 years old. I've always heard boys are harder than girls.
My mom told me it's easier to train boys in the summer time-you can just let them run around naked!! :dohh: I didn't understand how that would stop them from going in their pants when they do have pants on though.

Also, I think 'poo' is fine. He's still young, they wont expect any kid that young to have perfect manners about the toilet; I'm sure they will just be happy they aren't changing a dirty diaper and will only have to flush! :rofl:

I've got him naked at the moment as he thought his pants/boxers could hold pee and he kept having accidents in them, with them off, he just sits on potty and does it. So my next step is to get him to understand that pants don't hold wee and he needs to pull them down first.

My mum had us all dry before we were 2, so I feel like I'm a failure because he's closer to 3 :blush:

my lil boy is 2 yr 7 months, and ive tried a couple of times to potty train, but hes just not ready, he wont even sit on his potty, so i dont think your starting too late. Besides, they say the older the child is the quicker it is, so good luck and well done Mikey!

Hope we will be done by the end of the year but we'll see!! xx

I've got him naked at the moment as he thought his pants/boxers could hold pee and he kept having accidents in them, with them off, he just sits on potty and does it. So my next step is to get him to understand that pants don't hold wee and he needs to pull them down first.

OOOOOhh! okay, well that makes sense. Now I know why she said to leave him naked! I thought she was just crazy! :rofl:

No its not rude to let him use the terms poo and wee/pee.
Its the simplist forms for them and easiest i dont know what little kiddy doesnt use it ;)

Dont worry , Mikey will get there :)

Kids do it when they are ready. Ciaran did it just before 3 yrs because he had such a rough start in life.....when Andy got custody just before his 2nd Birthday he could hardly walk and when he did he kept falling over,it was funny at first but then got the reports saying he was left on his own in a cot for most of the day everyday! but we went straight for the toilet and missed out the potty cos he was so tall anyway.only took a few days and he got the hang of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->