What did you have to give up to TTC?

psychochick

Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of women make lifestyle changes in TTC/pregnancy, and give up many things we used to love and take for granted. Here is my list:

- Raw oysters (too full of bacteria)
- Tuna (too much mercury)
- Scuba diving (one of my hobbies, but the pressure has unknown effects if pregnant)
- Social drinking (always ginger ale on company events)
- Planning risky events (like skiing in the winter: what if I get pregnant then??)

Post yours and let's share and commiserate in this grand effort to get pregnant. :)

I gave up social smoking (which obv is a big benefit anyway) and i dont drink that much really especially when ovulating and in tww...sometimes when i get AF i fancy a drink! haha.

Caffiene. I only drink decaf coke/tea.

I Also switched from semi skimmed milk to full fat as i read somewhere that when milk is skimmed its strips out the female hormones and only the mens is left and it can affect your hormone levels...but now im back on semi skimmed haha as i wasnt sure if it was real.

Oh I never heard that about milk. I feel like I hear a lot of conflicting things about things we eat and it's actually rather confusing. Like I eat some tofu and I've read articles saying not to eat tofu because it's made of soy products and that could be extra estrogen you don't want. But all of asia eats tofu and they all seem pretty fertile to me. hehe

I'm attempting to give up tea but since it became my substitute when I gave up soda it's rather difficult. All of the meds I would take for my migraines are out the door too. I think the main thing I've given up though is my sanity. No way to keep that while on this journey.

I'm attempting to give up tea but since it became my substitute when I gave up soda it's rather difficult. All of the meds I would take for my migraines are out the door too. I think the main thing I've given up though is my sanity. No way to keep that while on this journey.

Sanity, HAHA that's a good one. Actually I have a friend who got migraines after she had her first kid. Nothing worked except pot, the kind they stick in chocolates. So she had to go off of it TTC her second. She's lucky that she conceived quickly, but even now as she's breastfeeding her second kid she says she can't wait to get back on those chocolates as the migraines have returned.

She never used to have them before having children :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"