• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What did your doc make you go through to get Clomid prescription?

SBBaby

Reaction score
Hello!

Just wondering how long the process takes to get Clomid. Was it a simple blood test? Did they make you do ultrasounds and it was an extensive process?

Hello, I had day 21 blood tests for two cycles to check for ovulation - the first to check and the second one to confirm, I then had a follow up appointment to discuss the results and had an internal scan to try and decide what was causing the anovulation and was prescribed clomid as a result.

forgot to add - it was 6 months between first appointment and the follow up appointment/ being given clomid - I'm sure I would have been it given it sooner but there were no earlier appointments.

Thank you kitty. Was Clomid successful for you?

Sadly no, I had 6 unsuccessful cycles but came very close on the last one, however 3 of those were on 50 mg so couldn't go on a higher dose. My advice if you go on it is to insist they move you to the next dose (as they should be) if doesn't work as you don't want to waste cycles.

I requested clomid and my doctor gave it to me right away. She saw I was chartting and had late and possibly weak ovulation. No test. Nothing. This is my 5th month TTC and I'm on clomid.

I'm on a long vacation away from the U.S. now and visited another obgyn on CD 4 (second day of clomid). She did a scan and told me I had polycystic ovaries but could not confirm without blood tests and now that I'm on clomid she said lets see what happens. I don't know if my doctor in the U.S. 3 months ago could not see them or was trying to hide from me until I have tried for a year. New doctor thinks my cycles are annovulatory despite my temp rising every month for 14 days before AF. My new doctor said I should have had blood tests before clomid but my old doctor probably just gave them to me for stronger ovulation.

Good luck getting clomid. Some doctors are more lenient then others. Hope you get your BFP regardless

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->