what did your LO weigh at 4 weeks?

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
like the title says what did your LO weigh at 4 weeks?
and what was their birth weight?

joshua was weighed today and he weighs 10lbs 4oz.
he was 7lbs 8oz at birth.

just wondering what your LOs weighed.

birth 6lb15
5 days 7lb
1 week 3 days days 7lb6
1 week 6 days 7lb14
3 weeks 6 days 9lb11

so does it sound roughly right that joshua is 10lbs 4oz.

8 pounds 10 ounces at birth
10 pounds 14 ounces at 4 weeks

Birth: 7lb 8oz
5 days: 7lb 3oz
10 days: 7lb 9oz
2 weeks: 7lb 13oz
3 weeks: 8lb 4oz
4 weeks: 8lb 9oz
5 weeks: 9lb 5oz
7 weeks: 10lb 6oz
8 weeks: 10lb 12oz

OMG am i over feeding him?

Amelia at Birth = 9lb 10oz
3weeks 2days = 11lb 2oz

You are definitely not overfeeding him hun, he sounds perfect weight to me. :)

x

You are not over feeding him hun no. He has put on just under 3lb in 4 weeks, that is perfect.

jack was 7lb 2.5oz at birth
3 weeks 9lb 6oz
5weeks 10lb 7oz

his weight ounds fine to me xx

Alasdair:
day 0 - 8lbs 91/2oz
day 2 - 7lbs 7oz
*insert tube feeding*
day 4 - 8lbs 2oz
day 6 - 8lbs 8oz
day 9 - 8lbs 15oz
day 11- 9lbs
day 13 - 9lbs 3oz
2wks+2 - 9lbs
*insert topping up with formula*
2wks+4 - 9lbs 11oz
4wks - 11lbs 2oz
5wks + 6 - 13lbs 2oz (weighed with nappy and clothes)
6wks + 6 - 13lbs 4oz

Your Lo's weight gain sounds perfect. It's natural to worry about it though. I've had the concern that Ally isn't gaining weight followed by the worry that I'm overfeeding him, followed by weight loss again followed by the worry that I'm feeding him too much again! Imo, it's best not to overweigh them as it'll just make you paranoid.

I believe in demand feeding. If the baby wants it you give it to them. They're constantly growing! When he's onto solids it will fill his stomach more and you can control his calorie intake alot better than on milk. Then once he's moving it'll all burn off.

Kalea was 9lb 2oz at 19days old which isn't even 3 weeks. So I bet she'll be around the 10lb at 4 weeks and I'm really happy with her weight gain. Oh and she was 7lb 11oz at birth.

They like to see half a lb a week. He'll slow as he gets bigger, just remember they're always growing. And extra meat for the winter wont hurt!

Gah I'm only seeing my HV every 3-4 weeks so Kalea wont get weighed again now for a while!

I feel very unwanted!

as you can see from my reply we saw the midwives and see the hv very regularly - I think hv is trying to get her mileage up (I'm actually out of her area)! You could start taking Kalea to baby clinic if you wanted her weighed before that?

We stopped seeing hv at 5 weeks, Chloe hasnt been weighed since- going to drop in next week, but at 5 weeks she was 9lb 13oz (6lb 12oz at birth)

We stopped seeing hv at 5 weeks and CHloe hasnt been weighed since but at 5 weeks she was 9lb 13oz (6lb 12 at birth).

She does have a double chin though which I'm gutted about!!!!

oh that 1st post didnt come up I thought I'd deleted it or something. I'm not trying to repeat myself!!

We stopped seeing hv at 5 weeks and CHloe hasnt been weighed since but at 5 weeks she was 9lb 13oz (6lb 12 at birth).

She does have a double chin though which I'm gutted about!!!!

I can't get to my weighing clinic the moved it, so my HV is going to come out periodically to get her weighed, but I bet she doesn't bother in the end!

That'll go when she grows! And when she starts walking, few months off yet :blush: but all her chubby bits will go.

My son looked like Phill Mitchell off eastenders for months when he was a baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->