What did your toddler have to eat today?

Also can they have normal gravy now? x

I was using baby gravies for Evie till she was a year old. Now I usually use the reduced salt Bisto :thumbup: If we dont have any of that then I give her the regular Bisto that we have. I dont worry too much about it because it's literally just a spoonful :)

They can have normal gravy as long it's not got too much salt in. Once they get to about 2 you can stop watching how much salt they have so closely.

Once Tegan was 18 months I just gave her what we would eat how we eat it. Fats are essential for brain development etc and as long as they aren't eating fatty stuff all the time it's fine! Everything in moderation is my motto :flower:

Agreed!
I used to stress about the salt levels in gravies etc but then I realised that there's such a small amount going on to her dinner (which is always unsalted as I dont use in my cooking.. we add it after if we want it) that it really wont make that much of a difference unless she was having a cupful at every meal :haha:

They can have normal gravy as long it's not got too much salt in. Once they get to about 2 you can stop watching how much salt they have so closely.

Once Tegan was 18 months I just gave her what we would eat how we eat it. Fats are essential for brain development etc and as long as they aren't eating fatty stuff all the time it's fine! Everything in moderation is my motto :flower:

Agreed!
I used to stress about the salt levels in gravies etc but then I realised that there's such a small amount going on to her dinner (which is always unsalted as I dont use in my cooking.. we add it after if we want it) that it really wont make that much of a difference unless she was having a cupful at every meal :haha:

:lol: I have found it really hard to "let go" of the baby rules. Tegan's not a baby any more but I still find myself treating her like one sometimes :blush: We don't cook with salt either and I decided that at 18 months enough was enough with buying baby gravy! They only have about a quarter or the pack so what's the point :thumbup:

Amelie eats the same as us too. I stoppd buying baby specific food a long time ago!

Anyway shes had a bowl of strawberries with yogurt for lunch. She doesnt seem to be that hungry today.

when your LO's have rice crispies etc do you still add milk? Daisy's had cheerios but with no milk, but usually has weetabix and toast.

For lunch today she just had soup and bread with some raisins, skips and yoghurt.

For dinner we're having a turkey roast which is another thing I'm wondering, we never give her roast potatoes cause of the fat - how do you make them for your LO's :flower:

fab thread, I'm always in need of ideas and thought Daisy was starting to under eat but doesnt sound like it now :) x

Like Tegans mama said, fat isnt always a bad thing for toddlers as theyre growing rapidly and they do need it. I give Amelie just normal roast potatos - i do them in grapeseed oil.

+ When she has cereal, she has it with milk and usually I put some sort of fruit ontop too.

Thank you, was just a bit paranoid! we only have roast potatoes once a week so will start letting her have some too from now on :) x

So far Daisy has had:
readybrek and half a slice of toast for breakfast

half a packet of Kiddylicious pineapple crisps as a snack (I find these packets of dried fruit are a great way to get more fruit into her as they count as 1 of her 5 a day. She loves them).

Mini pizzas for lunch (a muffin cut in half, tomato puree, mozarella, courgette and yellow pepper) and natural yoghurt with blueberries stirred in for pudding.

She'll have a couple of cheese crackers as a snack later on then she's having Sunday dinner for her dinner later and she'll have a fruit pot for pudding as she's mad on them.

She's also drunk half a sippy cup of water, and had one breastfeed. She'll have 5oz of cow's milk when she wakes after her nap then a breastfeed before bed.

Amelia has had some bread and jam and lots of juice.

She has got a cold & she is teething (seems to be never ending) and she hasn't wanted to eat properly since Thursday so the past couple of days have been lots of jelly, yogurt, ice cream and mash potato..

I really hope after the cold has gone her eating gets back on track, it has been an on going struggle to get her to eat well :dohh:

xXx

Today Morgan has had:

Brekky: a round of toast and a yoghurt
Lunch: a small tin of spaghetti hoops and a bread roll

R has had -

Weetabix (with milk and banana)
Rice cakes
Apple
Ice lolly

(she is tad older than most on thread but eats like a toddler!)

DD is getting over 1 heck of a stomach bug [hospitalized for it] so she had Pedialyte and formula yesterday.

DS [who still eats like a toddler]

breakfast : scrambled egg and cheese
Lunch : Noodles which he didn't eat so he had rice, chicken and cheese later with Dad
Dinner: Only ate peanut butter graham crackers

Jacob has had a bad cold since Last Monday so his eating is not great at the minute although today has been pretty good so far
Breakfast: bite size weetabix and raisins
Lunch: 2 mini rice cakes (while waiting as we went out for lunch) Slice of toast and a sausage, slice of pineapple and organix fruity bar
Dinner, I have no idea yet and I can't be bothered cooking today so we will see what happens lol

ok amelie is done for the day..

a quarter croissant, some pasta from OH :roll:, half an apple
bowl of strawberries with yogurt
spaghetti carbonara with garlic bread
half a cupcake and half a donut :blush:

Evie ate her roast beef dinner and then proceeded to polish off a yorkie pud :rofl:

That'll be it now till her 8oz of cow's milk at 7.30pm

Tegan is in bed, so no more food for the day.. that tops it off at..

bowl of readibrek for breakfast, 1 yogurt, milk with bowel meds in, cup of juice
roast beef dinner with mashed potatoes (with double cream.. weight gain issues! :lol: ), sweetcorn, yorkshire pud, cheese sauce, 1 cup of juice
1 bag of wotsits :blush: :lol:
1 cup of milk, 1 cup of juice, bowl of cheerios with full fat milk, 1 yogurt

that is it. she's eating loads more than usual lately.. this is like 5x more than she normally has!

Belle had 3/4 of vegimite cheese and tomato on toast then a bowl of grapes banana and strawberries covered in natural yoghurt and honey :thumbup:

Followed by a lamb roast for lunch, potatoes honey parsnips asparagus broccoli swede and carrot stuffing and lamb :thumbup: oh I forgot to cook Yorkshire puds!!! :dohh:

Then some grapes a banana a bite of sausage roll and 2 mini breadsticks :thumbup: ending with milk!

Wow seems like a lot :haha:

Today Omar ate fresh fruits :happydance:

Breakfast: fruit pot + baby cereals
Snack: 3 slices of mango & 1 banana :happydance: He didnt touch fruits for the past 4 months
Lunch: Leftovers from yesterday (fried rice + lamb & green beans stew)
Snack: 1 full apple :happydance:
Dinner: 2 slices of Cheddar cheese + pita bread

So far Kathryn and John have had:
Breakfast - pancake balls, strawberries and blueberries and milk to drink
Snack - cheese and raisins
Lunch - chicken sandwich (used a cookie cutter to make it star shaped) with carrots, cucumbers and humus along with juice

Breakfast- pot of youghurt and a slice of toast
Snack- apple slices and pepperarmie (sp?)
Lunch- tomato soup
Snack- a whole carrot (stolen from the horses feed lol)
Dinner- ravioli and a Rolo desert pot (just coz it's the weekend)

He also gets apple juice offerd all day

Today he had:
Brekkie- Weetabix
Lunch: Vegetarian Irish stew, half a fruit pot, 2 miniature gingerbread men
Tea: Lentils and spinach dahl, an Organix biscuit.
3 6oz bottles. he wasn't that hungry today, maybe it was the change in routine with the clocks (and he ate loads yesterday!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->