What diet/lifestyle do you follow to stay slim/lose weight?!

leedsforever

Kerry!
Reaction score
Im getting fed up... yes again :lol:
When I lost weight before I didnt follow any sort of plan and it worked... I just thought about what to eat and made better food choices.. if that makes sense!!

Sometimes I think that over thinking about what your eating and how much your eating can have an adverse effect... like because I didnt make a slimming world choice at lunch I think.. "oh well my diets ruined now start tomorrow" which is the wrong way to be, because I could still have a good day :shrug:

oh im just rambling now lol.... just want to know what you all do?

I just calorie count. Simple but effective I think :) its easier than working out syns and all that crap and lets you have what you want but if you have a bigmac and fries than you cant eat for the rest of the day :rofl: so you make healthier choices. I also preplan what im gonna eat and i dont have anything else.
Oh and it helps if you dont have any junk in the house so you wont be tempted. Make your OH eat healthier too :rofl:

yeh I never buy junk... Im just useless if I have that stuff...! Calorie counting is good ive done that one before too (i think Ive done them all :rofl:)

My mums on slimming world atm so we eat the recipes for tea. I think they're alot nicer than the weight watchers ones and loads simpler to make. I think im gonna join there and give it a go.

After 9 months of being able to eat what i want i seriously need help. Plus i think being weighed infront of some stranger every week will scare me!

I definetly think being weighed by someone helps... LOADS!!
SW is awesome I think Im going to treat myself to some of the recipe books tomorrow :)

Im just calorie counting and exercising but im using a website which has food and exercise logs ... lots of tools for calculating BMI, BMR, calorie intake etc etc.

It seems really good and by me being able to see and keep track fo what im eating and even how many calories im burning everyday, its really spurring me on

ive done that before holly too :lol: its works out how many calories you should consume to lose Xlb per week doesnt it?! Its good :)

Im getting back into my excercise again in a big way and I think that makes such a difference :)

Ideal Protein Diet now and when I am done, something along the line of the SUzanne Summers diet; eating foods at the right time of day.

This will be the first diet I am on that I attain maintenance so I will let you know how it goes.

I'm just watching what I eat.. not so much calorie counting but making 'healthier choices'.. ie: if I have a choice eat dinner at home rather than going out, having sweet potatoes instead, baking food rather than frying it.. cut back on snacking in the evening..

I'm doing an intestinal cleanse too :shy:

I eat whatever I want in moderation and play ice hockey all winter. I'm not sure if that's helpful, but it's basically portion control and exercise.

I lost 2 1/2 stone through calorie counting and exercising with www.sparkpeople.com. Then my weight loss completely slowed and stopped and I couldn't find a happy balance of calories and exercise so I switched to Slimming World and managed to lose another half a stone.

This time round (when baby is born) I hope to be able to wing it with healthy eating and exercising. I'd like to think I've learnt enough methods over the last few years to be able to judge what's healthy and what isn't. I still calorie count most days without meaning to, I just tot things up at the end of the day, but I'm thinking the combination of healthy eating, breastfeeding, Wii fit, regular walks, and running round after baby might work. If it doesn't I'll switch back to Slimming World!

Im just calorie counting and exercising but im using a website which has food and exercise logs ... lots of tools for calculating BMI, BMR, calorie intake etc etc.

It seems really good and by me being able to see and keep track fo what im eating and even how many calories im burning everyday, its really spurring me on

Any chance you could tell me what that site was? Obviously I'm not going to be trying to lose weight now, but would like to have some sites to refer to after LO is here and I actually feel up to doing something about my weight. :rofl:

I'm not doing any "diets" - I'm just trying to change my lifestyle.

I ate shit before and now I'm trying to take the healthy options and at least get my 5 a day.

I'm ok with the eating at the moment, I just reeeally need to get my arse motivated as far as exercising goes - I just don't really know what to try lol

I lost over 2 stone a few years ago on Weight Watchers... I have lots of recipe books and I cook from those most nights..... I am kind of doing it now and have lost most of my baby weight again....9 lbs to go!!! I'm like the others really try to eat loads of salad and veg and not too much choc and crisps!!

For exercise I do Nell McAndrew DVDs 5 times a week....and I make sure I go for a walk too most days (until it starts raining again, the I will walk round the local shopping centre!!:rofl:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->