What do i do now?

Reaction score
I had my first appointment with FS after Lap & Dye. She told me all my tests are normal. My DH had a SA done and the results were 30 % motility 20 ml volume the motility is below normal so now she thinks its probably male factor.
She basically said that now our next step is either IUI or IVF.
I feel very sad I expected her to prescribe clomid. But she said since I ovulate on my own then there is no need for clomid.

I am neither emotionally nor financially ready for IVF.
I feel so lost right now I was expecting some answers from this appointment and now I don't really know what to do at this point.

I would really appreciate any suggestions to improve motility. Also any suggestions would be welcome.

:hug:
I've read that zinc and maca improve sperm. I'm not sure if they just improve count or if they affect motility & morphology also. I'm sure you'd be able to find more info online about them.

Hiya I am not sure what the levels mean - but I have a friend whose was really low - and in NZ they have a vitamin you can take for me called menevit - you have to buy it from fertility clinics here - but its not too expensive - like $100. its the same people who make elevit. anyway my friend he took it for 3 months, and stepped up his exercise and cut down alcohol and his results tripled..so maybe thats worth a crack first? Good luck

She is right when she says that since you ovulate that Clomid is not worthwhile. Your problem is OH's sperm and unfortunately, Clomid does not do anything for that. They say that if you ovulate, it won't make you ovulate 'better' - in fact, it can often have the reverse effect.

As others have said, Zinc can help. As can change in diet. Also, your OH needs to stop drinking, if he drinks, and cut out the caffeine.

There's not really anything you can do yourself because unfortunately the problem lies with your husband, so he is the one who needs to make the lifestyle changes. As previously said, they will only prescribe Clomid to those that it will positively affect. For those who ovulate by themselves it is the equivalent of taking cold capsules when you don't even have a cold.

Don't be too disheartened. The waiting list for IUI in most places isn't all that long and there's no harm in trying in the meantime.

IUI is considerably cheaper. It is only $300 a time here, but I would try to get on the Clomid with the IUI. It might be that you are ovulating, but, a few extra eggs released won't hurt you at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->