• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What do I do!? Please help!

GeordieGirl.

Reaction score
Hey, I'm new in this part and really need some advice! :flower:

Were looking at getting married for August 2014. Me and OH don't have a great amount of spare money at the end of the month, we're not completely skint but we don't have much to save as were paying for a holiday a month after the wedding! This wasn't planned as a honeymoon, we've been engaged since April last year but weren't in a rush to get married as we knew we wouldn't be able to afford it. Then my OH got a new job with more hours and my family were booking a holiday together, we decided to go with them cause we didn't want to miss out. Now me being me... I've decided I'd love to get married a month before we go to Florida, if it's affordable.

We're putting almost all of our spare cash away for Florida at the end of the month. But with OH working 12 hours a day 7 days a week, it's a lot more money than we're used to. My plan is to pay off Florida as quickly as we can, then start saving for the wedding. It'll take us to about July this year to pay the whole holiday off, so from then we can start saving.

I did want a huge fairytale wedding, with a huge dress, church wedding, fancy meal and a massive evening do. But I know that's completely unrealistic for our small budget. I was talking about it to my sister and she offered me to wear her wedding dress. It's beautiful, honestly I couldn't fault a single thing on it at all, and it cost her £1000! But... it's just not something I would of picked for myself. It looks stunning on me but I wanted something extremely over the top, huge skirt covered in thousands of crystals! And it's nothing like that at all.

So, I need some advice! What do I do? Do I wait to have the wedding (and dress) of my dreams AFTER my holiday or do I get married before my holiday? My wedding would still be beautiful, our budget wouldn't be that small, but small for what I did want. I know it's not about the wedding, it's about the marriage but this is the only time I'm planning on doing this and I want it to be perfect. Please help me! I've asked all my family and friends and their answers are all 50/50. Sorry for the massive post :blush: xx

Hello! I really don't think anyone can answer that question but you, if your big fairytale is your dream then you don't want to regret not doing it :) You can get sample dresses for cheaper or get one made from china, but for what other things you want it sounds like you may be better off waiting a little while longer and having exactly what you want. Its like you say, you only want to get married once, so you want your day to be perfect (and I really don't think you would be happy with your sisters dress eep!)
Good Luck in deciding :) xx

Basically what Mummy May said. If there is no particular reason for getting married before the holiday then why not just wait and have the wedding that you want? Seems daft to cut out all the things you want just for the sake of being married before a family holiday :shrug: Ultimately only you and OH can decide when to marry, but if I was in your position then I would wait until I could afford what I wanted!

Have you had a look around? You might be surprised at the deals some places do.

Thanks everyone :flower:

lozzy21 - yeah I've looked around a bit and found some really good deals, but the original place I wanted to get married in is very expensive! xx

I think you should not think about the money aspect and figure out how much it will cost you for the wedding you really want. Then if you think you can pull it off before vacation then go for it but if you can't then I would wait :winkwink: There's no rush just because you are going on vacation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->