what do i do we are at end of tether here

bexxie

Reaction score
hi

Sorry first post is a moan

amelia i am trying to do it so she is in her moses basket at night but she seems to be a very windy baby and cant settle in it instead wanting to lay either on my chest or nest to me,now obviousley i know sleeping in bed is a no-no so what do i do?

Dave is hapy to look afetr her in evening 7-12 say so i get rest but she is nightmare for him and he cannot deal with it. She has a feed say 2oz's (on bottle after day 2 as my nipples cracked) and spends 2 hours bringing wind up! I know it is premature as she is so little I am not expecting sleep just wanting some advice on what to where to put her at night,
living room on me all night
moses basket screaming all night tried swaddling dont like

bex

forgot to say she is having 2oz's every 2.5 hours

Oh Bexxie I wouldn't have a clue what to say but big :hugs:

How is she doing apart from the sleeping nightmare? Bet big sissy is all pleased with her little sister?

chloe is thrilled, I am so happy with her jst stressed at no sleep
also milk coming in so feeling very down at not breast feeding am hoping nipples heal up sorry tmi

god need some advice here is nightmare tho thanks char youre a star

Oh babe....sorry Amelia is suffering! I was told that babies wont really suffer with wind til they are about 3-4 weeks old, it should be very simple to bring it up before then generally?

Right if she has got rid of all her wind and is just being clingy.....that is because it is all new to her and she wants reassurance and to feel safe and secure, so she will cry for attention! Now believe it or not, giving her all this attention initially will be doing you a favour in the long run (I always thought you would make a rod for your on back) but as she feels more secure in her surroundings she will be happier to lay alone.

As for her not sleeping anywhere except with you, keep her with you till she is flat out and then transfer her as smoothly as possibly into her moses basket.....we had the same with Alfie, he loves to have a cuddle and to go to sleep with you (I mean with him being held, not in bed) but we transfer him once flat out.......also we are at the stage now where I can put him down in his pram or crib for a sleep and rock him and he is really content, I may have to get him out in the end to get him off to sleep but not all the time, but we are getting there.

Hope she settles for you soon babe :hugs: x

chloe is thrilled, I am so happy with her jst stressed at no sleep
also milk coming in so feeling very down at not breast feeding am hoping nipples heal up sorry tmi

god need some advice here is nightmare tho thanks char youre a star
Awwww I've read that can be sooo painful :hugs: Don't be so down on yoruself :hugs:

I hope things pick up soon & nice to see all is happy but needing some sleep - Hope you get it soon x

I forgot to add that I couldn't breast feed for the first 4 days or so as Alfie had made my nipples so sore and they had bled, but they healed up fast enough with the help of Kamilosan and expressing some milk and rubbing that on them.......she will still take to you when you have healed babe, so don't worry, I was beside myself until my HV spoke to me about it. This all happened tho due to the lack of support I had to breast feed, so I tried my hardest to get him latched on myself :cry:

You are doing great babe! :hugs: x

It will get easier. Frankie was clingy at first and strugged to sleep on her own, feeding every 2 hours for 20 mins each boob. With persevereance she now goes down awake at 8 pm in her own cot in her own room. She has a dream feed at 11-1130pm and then sleeps until 5.30, feeds and then sleeps again until 8.15. All I can say is try to be as relaxed as possible as babys pick up on our tensions and stresses and if she needs to sleep next to you, many people do this and it is not a terrible thing!

Hiya hun, sorry to hear about the sleep deprivation. All I can suggest is that during the day you or OH stick her in a baby wrap to keep her close to your body to settle her (do some reading on baby wearing) That way at least you get to keep your hands free and get on and do things. And at night time perhaps try a rocking stand with your moses basket so she is comforted by the motion and give her an item of your clothing or something with your smell on to comfort her.

thanks girls you lot are so good

I know I just ahve to give it time,love her she is only 4 days old. My trouble is I disharged myself from hospital at 9am only gave birth at 1am and i rushed straight in at home,housework etc etc......so is understandable that I am way I am feeling I guess

I just managed a successful breast feed after buying that stuff Tam,so thanks so much. Will also look into the wearing thing Cat

Lynne wow those sleep times are amazing you must be calm and baby knows it and I hope Amelia gets to that stage.

Life feels so surreal at the moment any thing could appear insurmountable at the mement will be nice to get some kind of normality back

btw a writing birth story soon,lol talk about a wait

bex

A gorgeous piccy of Chloe & Millie babe!!!!

Take your time babe and try to stay as calm as possible babe.......I am the calm one and Alfie is very relaxed with me, Paul can be a bit more uptight and Alfie seems to not settle as well, so stay as calm as possible!

And give yourself a break!!!!!!!! As you said she is only 4 days old, you really need to STOP the housework and sit down and spend time with Millie so she can get used to you and you to her, there is no one coming to take you away just coz the house work aint 100%, CHILL & ENJOY!!!!!!

She will settle babe, it is just so new to the both of you at the moment! :hugs: x

Hey Bex

Sleeping in with you isn't a no no. Alex slept in with us from 3am, made breastfeeding him in the night a lot easier as I just do it lying down. He's come in with us each night at some point since he was born. He was feeding hourly, now he's 2-3 hourly at night which is a lot easier to deal with. He also had problems bringing up his wind and would be very sick if he didn't bring it up. Even though bf babies aren't supposed to get windy, he did/does. He's not as sick now but still projectile vomits at least once a day (though hasn't yet today touch wood!).
If you had cracked nipples then your latch isn't right - would be worth speaking to a breastfeeding counsellor or a midwife that knows what they're talking about when it comes to bf.

I found it really hard to relax afterwards aswell and rushed straight back into doing stuff, though I really suffered a few days after the birth as I was so sore from doing to much so try to watch what you're doing!

Hi Bexxie,

How's Amelia now?

Is she managing to eat more and not have the wind problem?

Infacol and Gripe Water can help. Alfie Hates the Infacol, but Tam's sister swears by it for her littl'uns.

Hope you are all sleeping better.

Paul

well last night was very good.

I went to bed at 11pm and took her with me,fed her in bed (BF) then put in moses basket (she stayed) and fed 4 times until we got up 7am so expecting tonight to be crap,lol

Jst hope nipples stay uncracked and I am going to ask MW about a BF cousellor tomorrow when she gets here

Thanks
Bex

hi

Sorry first post is a moan

amelia i am trying to do it so she is in her moses basket at night but she seems to be a very windy baby and cant settle in it instead wanting to lay either on my chest or nest to me,now obviousley i know sleeping in bed is a no-no so what do i do?

Dave is hapy to look afetr her in evening 7-12 say so i get rest but she is nightmare for him and he cannot deal with it. She has a feed say 2oz's (on bottle after day 2 as my nipples cracked) and spends 2 hours bringing wind up! I know it is premature as she is so little I am not expecting sleep just wanting some advice on what to where to put her at night,
living room on me all night
moses basket screaming all night tried swaddling dont like

bex

sounds very similar to Ella, firstly I had to stop breastfeeding becuase my nipples were soooooooo sore and cracked, toe curling pain when she latched on!

and she hated her moses basket, she wanted to be on me or in bed with us, and we did actually co-sleep, also left the light on she didnt seem to like the dark lol. Anyway we would fall asleep with her inbetween us, ontop of our duvet, with her own blanket over her, google co-sleeping it may reassure you. Anyway when she was asleep I would transfer her to her moses basket, gradually she got used to it. And you will be pleased to know she was sleeping through the night at 4 weeks old so there is hope, hang in there xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->