what do I need?!!?

mrsholmes

Reaction score
How much stuff do I need for the baby ie: how many bibs/vests/ grows/ outfits for each season (0-3mths,3-6mths etc)

I haven't got a clue!

I've seen people recommend 6 each of vests and sleepsuits in each size. Don't buy outfits until the baby arrives, as they are more expensive than the basics and you can't really know how big baby will be until you're holding her/him. You won't need bibs until you start weaning at six months or so, but muslin squares are very useful, we've got about 10 of them. You use them for all sorts, including protecting your shoulder when burping bubs!

heres the link to the things that i have got already

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/85736-oh-heck.html

xxxx
if u got any question or still abit cofussed just ask darling

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Six:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You can go through that many in a day with a newborn I'm afraid. Great if you can get some second hand stuff as well as buying new. Do you know anyone who may have some stuff stashed in the loft? Offer to buy it from them....most people are glad to get rid of it if they don't plan on having anymore babies.

Don't spend a bomb, go to Asda, Primark etc and get them now while in the sale. If you're planning on having more kids get vests, sleepsuits and baby sleeping bags (if using them) in neutral so they can be re-used next time even if you have the opposite sex:happydance:.

I'd just get newborn and 0-3 size for the time being and get other sizes a bit later as you will get a feel of how much you may need. I have at least 20 of each size vest, sleepsuits, bibs, muslins as well as outfits and clothes for baby, lots of socks and scratch mitts and at least two coats/snowsuits just in case baby is sick on one. I have tonnes coz I've got them left from previous babies but strongly advise more, rather than less otherwise the pressure to put on the washing machine every single day can be one more thing to worry about when you're a new mum.

A lot of people say not to get many newborn as they grow out of them quickly but my experience has been quite different. My babies have been quite small and 0-3 would have completely drowned them when newborn. In fact mine were at least 2 and nearer to 3months by the time they were in 0-3month size....the little munchkins.

It may be a case of playing it by ear but definitely see if you can get any hand me downs from friends and relatives:happydance::happydance::happydance:

I actually have 10 of each on my to-buy list, which I posted on here and got told that sounded like enough :)

i have 28 0-3months body suits as its going to be summer around that time aand willl be hot at days

i have 28 0-3months body suits as its going to be summer around that time aand willl be hot at days

:rofl:

You live in Luton! How hot do you think it gets in summer????!!! I think you may have gone overboard there! Unless you only intend to do laundry once a week :rofl:

Sorry hun, just to clarify myself a bit: if it is hot, just put baby in a nappy and vest, with no more layers. Even in summer, babies should be wearing one more layer than you. It's not like they have very developed sweat glands at that age, so you won't need to change their vests/body suits lots because of body odour or dampness!

never mind, i know i will never run out x

I actually have 10 of each on my to-buy list, which I posted on here and got told that sounded like enough :)

Yeah, you can see how you go anyway honey. There's lots of 24hour shops around now to send hubby for more supplies:rofl:

I just hate the extra pressure of putting the washer on if stockpiles get a bit low....or if the washer breaks like it did along with the dryer just after I had Toby:hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy:

Luckily I had sooooooooo much stuff I never ran out:rofl::blush:

i have got 10 of each newborn and 0-3 at the moment but only because i dont want to buy too much cream/white etc and will have money ready to go crazy once we know the sex and size!

I have a list of things i want bought in each sex as soon as i know so il have the orders ready the day baby is born lol

Im jsut getting extra of each, that way i know they are there if i need them and i havn't done no washing. We all know what its going to be like, and to have the pressure of makig sure we get them washed and dried cus we have none left for the next day is just extra stress!! I think IMO your better to have more than you need, so their there. x

I mentioned to my mum today a conservative estimate of getting through 4 vests a day and she was really shocked and wanted to know why I thought we would use so many :rofl:

I guess everyone has different experiences.

I don't see laundry as a stressful thing. I do an average of one load per day now as it is, which in practice is usually split as two loads every other day. We'll be using real nappies which will add one load per day too. If we're adding another load every other day with baby's clothes it's not really a problem. Each to their own.

I've got about 50 vests in 0-3 months :blush:. And im not exagerating!

x

Ive got
14 newborn vests.
18 newborn baby grows.
2 pairs of new born trousers
4 new born t shirts
4 new born cardis
1 new born coat
1 new born pramsuit.
and loads of socks hats and mittens.

:rofl:Shifter. Vests would only need changing if baby's poo escapes or they wee when you're changing them and it ca happen quite a bit at 1st especially if breastfeeding as the poo is very liquid and can escape if nappy isn't tight enough around ickle baby's legs...but babygro's definitely you go through more than one. If they're a bit sick on it, it can really smell....it's horrid and that's why I needed to change them a few times a day. Using a nice big bib after feeding and while winding can help but sometimes they're sick on them while lay down or on the sleeve. I just hate the smell and have to change it:blush:

I would buy a few sleeping gowns they are open on the bottom and make changing a diaper so much easier and baby can curl legs together like in the womb.

I say you change the baby's outfit up to four times a day (24 hours) with spitting up and leaks in diapers. So, depending on how much wash you want to do.

Buy more 3-6 month items and size 1 diapers. Try not to stock up too much on newborn items. Most buy so much and never get a chance to use everything before baby grows out of it.

hope this helps :)

thanks everyone! I suppose it does depend. !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->