What do implantation pains feel like?

squirrel.

Happy mummy of three
Reaction score
Hi there ladies,

So I'm 8dpo and just started experiencing very mild menstrual-style cramps. My ovaries have been tingling and twinging since before ovulation (which I blame on taking soy), but about an hour ago the sensations have changed and I have definite mild uterine discomfort.

I never really understood how implantation could cause pain, as many women report. I thought that a blastocyst imbedding into the endometrium must surely be painless as there are no nerve endings there, but having done some reading around, apparently the blastocyst also adheres itself to the uterine wall itself, eroding away mucous membranes that the woman perceives as cramping sensations.

So all that is okay in theory, it's just I've never ever experienced it before in my other pregnancies (I don't think), so I'm wondering if what I'm feeling now are implantation cramps or whether AF is about to do the unthinkable and show up five days early.

So yes, to satisfy my curiosity, as obviously I cannot know unless I get a BFP in two days time, what did your implantations pains feel like if you have had them before and when did you get them?

Implantation itself in don't think causes pain however the hormones that are released may cause mild uterine contractions as its burrowing. I had implantation bleeding when my period was do and had no cramping until a few days later when I finally got my bfp. So I implanted, I think at the last minute 12 dpo. They felt like very milled mental cramps, like I could start my normal period at any moment. But I also had a blighted ovum and I don't know if it matters.

I think I replied in a diff post (sorry I am :jo: and have way too many posts hehe)
but my "implant" pains were like dull AF cramps- not sharp just hours of achiness.
Occasional sharp twinges for a sec or 2 maybe light flutters?? But those are in the EXACT same pinpoint location
:dust:

Thanks ladies. Whatever it was is gone now, it only lasted a couple of hours and just felt like mild menstrual aches. Fingers crossed that was something good happening.

SOunds about right Squirrel! Few hours then gone
FX for you and :dust:

at 5 dpo and 6 dpo i felt implantation. it wasnt a cramp in any way at all. it felt like nuzzling pokes and it lasted a mere two seconds. it happened once at 5 dpo in the evening around 6:15 and twice the next morning at 9 am then at 10 am. plus where i felt it at was on the left side... and it was unlike anything i ever felt. and surprise, i got my bfp at 8 dpo. gl!

Mine felt like exactly what you say. Mild AF-style cramps that turned major at 10 DPO. Really hurt for a couple of days. I thought AF was coming at first but when it didn't, I knew it must be implantation.

It's hard to know if the cramps just went away after a couple of hours, though. I often think I'm having symptoms and then get a BFN so I'm afraid of over-analyzing.

My implantation cramps I experienced with my pregnancies were unlike menstrual cramping. Usually with menstrual cramping my whole lower pelvis hurts. With implantation, I know because I can pinpoint the pain. It is a sharp, tugging sensation. It doesn't really "hurt" but is noticeable. Of course every woman probably experiences implantation differently. Some women even get spotting with their implantation. At 8 dpo, it is very possible that this is what you could be feeling and, the more pregnancies you have, the more in tune you are with your body to notice these subtle changes. Good luck! Hope you get your bfp in a few days!

Yep! I have been crampy for a few days, and I just had some light pink spotting. This will be my 4th child, and I've never had spotting before, but you sound like I feel right now. I'm also terribly bloated. Yay?!

Mine were like PMS cramps, or even ovulation cramps that didn't last more than a few hours, and I was very bloated and gassy (sorry TMI) but it seemed like something was going on that time! Last cycle I got BFN and I didn't cramp at all until AF so maybe there's something to it!

Fx for you! Sounds promising!

Hi Squirrel!

I had very noticable implantation "pinching" and "pulling from 5dpo - 8dpo in the centre just above my pubic bone on and off, and then it stopped. It was not painful but VERY noticable.

I usually cramp very slightly in the tww and experience pain in my ovary area. This time I had none of that only that pinching and pulling sensation very low down. Almost felt like a tiny little something literally digging in.

After 8dpo I had zero symptoms other than sore breats. Af cramping only started the day af was due, and I still experience it occasionally now.

Keeping my fx for u!!! Cant wait until u test!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->