• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

what do people think about how im coping?

laura109

Reaction score
Hi im sorry to repeat what i said the other day but i wanted to get some more opinions.

i'm 7 weeks pregnant and i've wanted this baby for months.

i walked out of my job as a homecarer the week before i found out. I was doing 12 hours a day walking as i did not have a car. My partner paid for me to a course at home and find another part time job.

anyway a week after i left i fell pregnant. For 2 weeks i could go wherever and saw friends and family. Cleaned the house and spent time with my oh.

but about ten days ago ms slowly started creeping up. For a few days i ate when it came and i was fine. Then it became so i felt sick the moment i woke up till about 1ish. Then its changed into all day nsusea. Ive vomited twice. I also feel weak and no energy and tbh im feeling down and a little depressed.

i know that im lucky im not being sick constantly. But i'm on the edge of it throughout the day. I basically stay at home accept for the odd walk to my sisters or a walk with my oh at night. A couple of my mates have been to see me which is nice but listening to them talking about there plans makes me want to cry.

I feel so drained and sickly i dont remember what it was like to feel good and wake up ready for the day. I know im too icky to go far at the mo so no days out for me. Im also finding the housework a challenge. I barely do anything.

i am resting on and off through the day and nibbling and sipping flavoured water. I get exhausted if i even do the washing up. I have been given peptac to settle my tummy from the doctor.

is it ok to be this cut of from my normal life for a few weeks. I am tryi g my best but i really dont want to go far from home. I want to cry though cus the four walls are driving me mad.i know most people have to get on with things but i just cant seem too

opinions x

www.helpher.org

Hyperemesis is not just about how many times you puke, it is about your ability to eat and the nausea being severe enough to limit your activity.

Go to the doctor and get started on some medication. Diclegis is wonderful for taking the edge off the nausea, but do NOT miss a dose. Zofran will keep you from throwing up, but won't do much for the nausea. Phenegran also helps stop the puking, but it will knock you clean out for 4 hours. I took mirtazapine with my first term pregnancy and that one I barely got sick...but mirtazapine is Cat C, so I don't recommend it unless you are dying.

The biggest thing is to get into a doc that understands HG and is sympathetic. Early and aggressive intervention is key.

I have had a crash course on HG the past week. I thought it was just "bad morning sickness" but after having my first PICC installed and TPN this week, I am aware how very debilitating it is.

Don't wait until you need a PICC. Get evaluated.

P.S. I understand how you feel, and you are coping beautifully. Keep your chin up (and hopefully off the edge of the toilet bowl ;-))

I have this very same problem and actually made a post regarding my progesterone supplements, but guess there is no way out.

You are not alone hun. I feel you!!

Thank you. I just feel pathetic. I saw the dr friday and hes started me on basics first and told me to contact him again if it does not work.

it has taken the edge of at times but i still dont feel like i have the energy to clean the house and cook. I have tried to go out and i end up feeling sick and hungry. I have to lay down alot to settle the nausea.

its nice to know im not the only one. Im really struggling with how i feel.

Sounds like the basics aren't working. Call tomorrow. I tried waiting it out and got real sick. I don't want that to happen to anyone else.

I felt like this in the early weeks, and all I did was sleep and lay in bed, my OH was fab and took care of our LO. I think when you feel like this you just have to rest when you can. Forget the house work it can wait, take care of yourself and I promise it will pass soon.

:hugs:

Thank you. I feel like im always moaning and being lazy. I feel like ive let myself go. Maybee im normal afterall.

i have tried my best. I make myself get dressed and do my makeup in the morning etc.

Thanks for your support. Just wishing next few weeks away x

This was my 1st 17 weeks when I was pregnant with my daughter. It passes for most women. Just do what you can and don't worry about the rest. You're growing a human; give yourself a break.

Thanks i just needed to hear it.

people always say your pregnant not dying and you cant just curl up and give in.
people are harsh when they have not been there.
thanks again cheered me up xx

Oh sweetheart. Your story echoes so many other's. I started with relentless nausea and it progressed to vomiting. The nausea is the worst bit.

I spent 20 weeks of my first pregnancy in bed. I saw noone other than DH and midwives when I was in hospital. if you feel like this it is isolating but it does end... normal life does resume I promise. Just take care of yourself and get through each day as it comes xx

I'm kinda where you're at right now. The nausea and vomiting of first trimester can really turn your life upside down for awhile. I don't have HG...I'm able to keep food/water down most of the time, but that doesn't mean I'm not miserable. I was hoping it would fade by 12 weeks and so far it hasn't. It's all I can do to just go to work and function. Everything else feels like a chore and I spend most of my time on the couch. I've been due to get my hair colored for almost two months and haven't bothered to go. I love getting pedicures regularly in the summer...can't even bring myself to do that.

I felt extremely guilty about this in the beginning. My food tastes are so incredibly picky, my husband doesn't get a choice anymore about what we get to eat. We used to eat out and spend time with friends all the time, and now we do nothing. The house is a disaster.

But you know what? This is temporary and you can't help it! You need to take care of yourself right now. Anyone who makes you feel guilty for taking it easy obviously has never dealt with morning sickness. We will both come out on the other side together, and with beautiful babies!

Sounds very similar to how I am. From 12 weeks though I didn't feel sick all the time and at 14 weeks now I am on some days much better. I have a toddler though so have had to carry on doing bits and going out and think it helps. Try to plan something to do every day as it helps the time pass a bit and distract you. I find I am always at my worst at home. If you don't feel well enough to go out try to set yourself a prob to do like starting a baby scrap book or making something. It'll just give you some focus. I was sick the whole way through last time but the nausea still went then so hopefully it will do for you too. That's the worst part. It really does help to keep eating bits too. I am sick regardless of whether I eat or not but the nausea is better if I eat. Try and find something that suits you. Ice lollies and sorbet have helped both times and chocolate buttons last time and crisps this time. Hope it improves fast!!!

Thank you so much. I feel huge relief to hear others say its normal.

My partner is great with me i just feel bad as he has a stressful job and works long hours. Hes coming home to a basic meal and non of the jobs done. He never complains he just says it will pass.

i used to go into town shopping and for lunch on a friday with my friend. Also at the weekend me and oh will normally do different things. We have had some lovely days where id love to just go to the seaside or somewhere. I feel im making my partners life dull at the min. We are doing our garden up so he said if i feel up to it can we go to the garden centre next weekend. I hope we can.

I was starting to worry i was pathetic being in bed most the morning. Thanks for your lovely messages xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->