what do people think of name frederick

Bex84

Reaction score
We are having a little boy. I
quite like name Frederick and shortened to Freddie. It was my grandads name and has positive feelings with it. What do people think of it. My mil hates and it worries me people may dislike or tease. My mil recons its comon. We quite like Charles and Alexander to. Whatever we use Frederick will be there somewhere. My little girl is Josephine which we shorten to Josie. I want a name that grows well with child to adult. I quite like Nathaniel to. Any suggestions welcome

I prefer Charles or Alexander as a 1st name, personally. I like the nns Charlie/Alex/Xander. Not a fan of Frederick.

:flower:

Thank you for honest opinion its appreciated. I'm so torn

I like it, but only in the shortened form of Freddie. It goes well with your little girls name :). Not a dam of Alexander, it's just one those names i dislike, no reason why x

I LOVE Frederick nn Freddie!! It's on our list too :)

Not a fan of Charles. Alexander is nice for a middle name IMO.

I quite like it and think it goes well with your little girls name which I also really like x

Frederick and Josephine - Freddie and Josie - they go so cute together! I've always been a fan of the name.

I love the names together. I think my mil has just worried me. I use full names on birth certificate for future CVS but use shortened so would be Freddie. I know some lovely Freddie's and my grandad was very special so I always liked names and is what did was going to be called if was a boy. Mil has been horrid about it.

I like it. The first thing my dad said to me wen we named dd was 'are you sure, I don't like it'. Don't tell people - especially people who think they are entitled to an opinion. If you guys like it that's all that counts. Xxx

To be honest only reason they know as they knew it was choice for last time. I hate in asked for opinions and I know with mil its just she wants her choice and only her choice but she had her turn with her children

To be honest only reason they know as they knew it was choice for last time. I hate in asked for opinions and I know with mil its just she wants her choice and only her choice but she had her turn with her children

Exactly what mine was like, I think if she kept suggesting her fave name, over and over again that I would go with it (I didn't, and she hated my daughters name, but she got over it 😁) x

It makes me laugh as she says Josie is a posh name and Freddie is common. She has an obsession with William which is bil middle name and the more she goes on the name I don't mind has become hated lol. I do think Josie and Freddie are sweet together

Josie and willy would be crap tbh! Freddie sounds way better xx

I think so to lol and not sure she is obsessed with us using bil's middle names when he doesent have any particular interest in daughter or new baby

It's awesome! I don't think Freddie is common at all.

I opened this thread with trepidation as we had the exact same issue!

My DS2 is Freddie. That's the name I fell in love with and just couldn't NOT use! My husband is quite a stickler for having a proper birth certificate name. So he said yes he loved Freddie too but it would have to be Frederick officially. Basically for the majority of my pregnancy I was put off it for that reason as who wants to be called Frederick?! Then about 2 weeks before he was born I thought right I love Freddie so much that yes we'll go with it

At the registry office OH said if you just want Freddie that's fine, but by that point I was like noooo my little boy needs a proper name for his life haha and I actually wanted Frederick. So there you go, I've been through the exact same thing. We call him Freddie all the time. I even registered him at the GP as Freddie. But I'm really happy with the decision to give him an official 'proper' name too. Sometimes now when he cries I say ohh little Frederick and it has become cute to me because it's him lol xxx

Oh and I don't think it's common I don't know any others. I live oop north though and I've just been dahn south visiting my brother for the weekend and I heard two little Freddie's being called by their mums in the park :)

Thanks everyone. We are thinking now Frederick Andrew and then he will be known as Freddie (my little girl is called josie most of time but gets Josephine if ignoring or not behaving so he will properly get same lol) to be honest I only use longer name for official stuff just like I am rarely called by my full name lol

sod mil, it's not her baby and if she doesn't like the name thats her problem.

I don't personally like the name Frederick but I think Freddie is very cute! You go with what you like!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->