what do u plan on doing in terms of work?

lucy_smith

Reaction score
Hello, basically I don't know what I will do..... when we eventually have a baby I will be doing changeovers, paperwork for a friend and I couldn't afford to pay £4 an hour in childcare whilst doing my full time job. So the only think I can find to do is train in hair / nails and work evenings/ weekends so then it will work around bfs job. And it is something I've always been interested in ! I also would like to work for myself, fed up of working with rubbish bosses.....
What do you plan to do?

Before my DD i worked full time.. When i went back to work after she was born i was lucky enough to work around my OH shifts :) ive now changed jobs and i cant dictate what i can/cant work but were lucky to have family & friends who are willing to help if needed. I think some how it just works out work wise after having a baby :) good luck!!

It depends on if my Mom and MIL would trade days watching LO during the week...Mom 2 days one week, MIL 3 days that week and then switch. My Mom lives an hour away so logistics would be a nightmare if she was willing. They are both really set in their ways and I honestly don't know if they'd want to commit 2-3 days a week to watching LO. I'd hate to put LO in daycare b/c I'd rather have someone I know watching him/her and we don't. Since we aren't telling anyone we will be trying soon, there is no way to start planning that. I think everything will work itself out.

Now, If it went exactly like I wanted :haha: I'd go from working full time like I am now to part time working Tuesday, Wednesday, and 1/2 day on Thursday. My Mom and MIL would figure out the best arrangement to watch him/her Monday, Friday, and 1/2 day on Thursday. When we have our second one I'm pretty confident I'll go to part time if I hadn't already.

I'm taking a year off from work to be home with her. We both agreed we didn't want her in daycare or having a stranger watch her for at least her first year. When I get ready to get back to my career I'm hoping to find a work from home position, and then hopefully one of the other military spouses in his unit will be looking for children to watch and we can put her with someone still on post. Or if we luck out, his next duty station will have a daycare on post (what you pay is based on rank and what you earn) and we can get a spot for her. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->