What do YOU count as the first day of your AF/new cycle?

Itsychik

Reaction score
How do you know when your new cycle starts?

I know it's when AF starts, but I don't know how it starts for everyone else, bur for me, I generally get 2 - 3 days of really light spotting (in the first day or two I almost don't even need any liners, it's just a little red when I wipe) and then about 3 - 4 days in it starts getting heavier, and lasts in total 9 - 11 days.

Up until now I've always counted CD1 as when I first start spotting. But when taking OPK's my "O" date is on/around CD20, which made me wonder if maybe I'm just starting CD1 too early?

So what is your criteria for your CD1? Do you count spotting? :shrug:

CD1 starts at light bleeding. Spotting isn't classed as CD1.

I count CD1 when I start lightly bleeding, it's more than spotting but not very much for me.

ok - tmi.
I count when red blood comes...usually when it is red, it goes down the toilet when I wee. So I can see it in the toilet bowl.
Spotting for me is always brown and maybe makes its way to a liner, but usually is only showing on TP.

Had a dilemma about when AF is actually counted from this cylce because I was having a CD3 blood test done. Well, I had two days of spotting and then red blood showed at 11 pm at night. If I had gone to bed at 10 pm I would have counted CD1 the next morning, right? But seeing as I discovered the bleed that late in the day I didn't know how to count it.

I ended up calling the lab and they said count CD1 as the day you see red blood regardless.

:flower:

Usually I may spot a bit and the same day I actually get a flow. But I can see where it would be confusing.

i count from when it comes out of me without me wiping to see it

Thanks ladies :flower: that's really helpful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->