What do you do after school?

EcoMama

Reaction score
we come home, do reading for 15mins, then eat dinner.

After this time I find my dc watch a lot of Telly! They play with their toys but are usually bouncing off the walls bored by half 5 and it's another 2hrs till bedtime!

I've got a headache tonight, it's cold and dark outside!

What do you do to fill the gap before bed? X

I love right next door to a park so generally he goes in there for half an hour (unless it's chucking it down!) then he watches tele while I get dinner sorted and get on with the housework. Once he's eaten we play with his toys for a bit, then he has a long (at least half an hour) bath, and he's in bed by 7. Some days he's in bed by half 6 and I let him watch a cartoon on the iPad and then at 7 it's lights out.

I am going to start taking him shopping/soft play or something similar but it will be too expensive to do a lot!

We go out or to after school classes, he goes to piano lessons twice a week, they are offering after school classes at school this semester but we dont have the schedule yet.
But the weather here is warm.

My son starts swimming next week which is good, but the school don't do after school classes until he goes on to year 1 :/.... He used to do gymnastics but we've recently moved, so will have to look in to that again :)

My two go to swimming on a Tuesday night and Joshua goes to Beavers on a Wednesday night.

On other nights, we might go to the park on the way home from School.

Usually, get in, play with toys while I sort tea out then homework for Joshua (Spellings), watch some TV/play with toys then bath and bedtime at 7pm.

Sometimes I go to my mams for a coffee (lives around the corner from me) after School as well.

I usually get in with mine at around 3.30.
Wednesdays they go swimming so that takes up the time until dinner. Thursday DS does tennis and goes to my inlaws so that's him sorted until bed and DD goes to my parents so that's her until bed too.
Mon, Tues and Fri we get home and I usually do the dinner and some clearing up. We have dinner around 6.30 so they have around 3 hours to amuse themselves (Mon and Fri slightly less as DS has beavers and a church club). They usually 'play' with each other or sit at the breakfast bar cutting and sticking things.
I only put the TV on when Pointless starts unless they are arguing too much. If it's dry they play outside for as long as they can.
After dinner they do their reading/homework.

Thanks everyone. I guess I'm just feeling guilty that he doesn't do much but play/ watch telly after school :(

Mine watches a lot of telly tbh.

We're normally home by 3.45 at the latest but both DH and I normally need to carry on with work till 5ish. So he has a snack, watches telly for a bit and then we do reading, have dinner and he goes up for a bath about 6.30, into bed at 7.30 and asleep by 8.30.

It's not ideal but there's not a lot of other options when it's cold and dark and we still need to work.

Not much. We're usually home by 3:15. The kids play and watch TV whilst I get dinner sorted. I don't feel like I have time to do much else to be honest! We have dinner at 5, then it's bath and bed!

The telly is on at home but they actually dont take any interest after Pointless :rofl:

They tend to read quite a lot just now.

Is the Scouts/Guides an option? There may be a unit near you? Also check out the afterschool activities at their school.

Tuesdays is after school numeracy club which means we get home at about 5, but every other night we're home about 4. The usual drill is to let them free play, and I will cook dinner and dish up about 5. After dinner it will be a bath for everyone, or I lay out some toys for them to play with. Earl will normally entertain himself with his computer games or get his colouring set out etc. He's pretty good.

The babies go to bed at 6.30 and 6.45 (staggered so I can do stories etc with each). While I'm sorting them Earl gets his pjs on and watches a bit of tv. Once they're in bed we'll do reading, homework, colouring, play board games or put on a DVD. Earl goes to bed at 7.30. We are currently reading Fantastic Mr Fox which has seen him late to bed twice as he just wants to keep reading it! lol :haha:

Pretty soon I'm hoping for Earl to start swimming/gymnastics and possibly beavers next year so that will obviously see us busier on an evening but at the moment I'm on my own with hubby away so I keep things simple and the 2 younger ones mean we can't stay out too late either. We like it lol.

Thanks :)... Scouts never even occurred toe until I saw posts about beavers! Will look in to it, thank you :)

Childminders Monday so he's always exhausted when he gets back and just wants to play cars or watch telly (and after work I usually just go with what's easiest :blush:). Tuesday he's at MILs as I work later. Wednesday and Thursday we just play it by ear and sometimes go out, sometimes stay in and nap and then play. Friday is swimming so he naps after lunch and then off we go.

We try go to park or beach straight after unless gale force winds. Sometimes in laws for tea. I hate coming straight back x

Monday through Wed its home from school, eat then out to clubs. DD does Swimming, Gymnastics and Ballet. Thursday and Friday I am at work so Grandparents just take them home and they watch Tv or play with toys.

We do reading after breakfast as they are both up at around 6am, and then again after dinner. Bed is usually between 615 and 7pm

We don't do much as she is tired , watches a bit of TV, has dinner and plays with her dad when he gets home before bed

On a Tuesday he has swimming lessons, Thursdays he has just started football, Fridays we meet up with friends at indoor play area but havent done that since before Christmas so starting again from this week :thumbup:

Then its normally tv/wiiu/toys/ipad lol. Will be like this until the weather picks up I imagine :thumbup:

Thanks :)... Scouts never even occurred toe until I saw posts about beavers! Will look in to it, thank you :)

Definately recommend Beavers. Joshua loves it. They play games, learn things, organise parties etc. He started in Sept last year and has got 4 badges so far (he LOVES getting badges).

He wasn't that fussed about going when I told him about it but he changed his mind when we explained Bear Grylls is the Top Scout.

On a Monday Charlie has youth club (games, crafts, sports) then tennis on a Tuesday and football on a Friday. The other days we either go to the go kart track/park or sometimes soft play depending on the weather. There's a school gymnastics club starting up next week and he wants to try that. We usually get home at 5 then he plays with his toy or watches telly until dinner. Then it's homework, reading bath and bedtime.

I didn't inc clubs lol mine do netball, riding authors, multi sports and sailing x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->