What do you do on NYE?

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
This year we are staying with the in laws so we'll probably play board games. Micah is too young to stay up really so it'll be a normal evening for him.

Anyone doing anything special? At what age do you let your child/ren stay up until midnight?

My sister is getting married on NYE and I'm her Matron of Honour so I will be partying my pants off!! Usually we have party food for tea and make a big deal of it before the kiddies go to bed. The kiddies go to bed at normal time as they're only 5&3.
Hubby struggles to stay awake and I bring in the new year alone :growlmad: Looking forward to a good party this year :thumbup:

Not a lot! LO will go to bed at normal time as he needs his sleep and we have a family get together on the first, me and DH will have a takeaway and watch some telly or maybe a film. I'll probably be asleep before 12, will wake up for fireworks and then go back to sleep!

similar here - the kids go to bed normal time and we stay up til about 1, By that time im dancing :rofl: :cheers:

This will be the first year my Oldest (5) gets to stay up tell midnight. I will let my youngest stay up for as late as he would like as well. We do usually snacks (meat cheese crackers ect). and play games and drink. It should be fun :)

Last year I went out with my friends and got rather drunk... This year I'll probably be in bed snoring my head off by midnight... :rofl:

Last year i was really poorly so stayed in watched the film new year
year before that i had a couple friends over and the previous years i had went out.

I want to go out this year because i didn't for boxing day but i doubt i'll get a babysitter so probs stay in and stuff my face.

We are boring, get the house cleaning / tidy (got to get rid of the old years dirt), have a drink, nibbles and watch telly.

This year I'll be on my own until about 10.30pm when OH gets back from work. I considered keeping Lucas up but I think he'll prob go to bed normal time or a touch later. We might have sparklers before bed but it'll be much of a normal night tbh.
Usually we party because FOB has always had Lucas over but he's working this year.

My OH will be at work until about 2am and I'll be snuggled up in bed with Dominic from around 9pm 😴

The baby is too little for us to do anything big so we're doing the m&s 2 dine in for £20, the menu is lovely I'm looking forward to it. We've got a bottle of champagne too. The boys will go to bed at usual time

We usually just stay in and sometimes get a takeaway. We used to watch the fireworks out of the window but I'll probably be fast asleep!

We usually get together with family and play a bunch of board games and have a bunch of snack type foods.

I'm cooking a nice dinner (fillet steak) for DH & I after Emily is in bed, will have some wine & snuggle up on the couch watching a movie :hugs: We're going out for dinner with some friends on New Years Day, looking forward to a night out, its been too long !! :thumbup:

We are having an Indian takeaway, we will see in the new year watch some fireworks then head to bed, I have family coming over for a big lamb roast on New Year's Day

I've always let DS stay up if he can manage it (he's 3 now), I think DD will have to be put to bed unless she has a long nap because she gets grumpy when tired. We usually see family get a takeaway and play board games.

Last year I was pregnant and this year I'm a single mummy. So my nye will be celebrating in bed with my phone haha x

I'm working a night shift tonight which on the one hand I'm a bit disappointed and on the other I'm just like, well we wouldn't do anything anyway. DH's dad died on new years day 11 years ago and he finds it hard so even before we had DD it was normally a quiet one for us.

I'm not really big on nye, never done anything for it. This year I'm working till 10pm then I start at 8 am tomorrow.

The kids and OH are going to my parents for food and games, no idea if they'll still be there when I finish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->