What do you do to stay sane in the early hours?

Noodlejuice

Mum to 3, expecting #4!
Reaction score
Self-explanatory nosiness! For those of you with teenie babies or midgets who don't sleep well, what do you do to keep your sanity intact?

Jazzy P barely sleeps in his crib - the average is ten minutes - so OH and I sleep in shifts. Mine starts at 3.30am :coffee: So far I've got through a entire series of Skins, watched some Bear Grylls (he's a total fool and therefore very amusing) and this morning watched Mythbusters, of all things. And BnB browsing, obviously!

What does everyone else do?

facebook, B&B, browsing internet, listen to the radio, hope he will settle soon!!!

Being online(this forum, facebook, online shopping..), reading, making a to do list for the next day...yeah that's pretty much it.

Besides surfing the Internet I have started listening to podcasts and audiobooks. The noise doesn't bother LO and it helps me from falling asleep. Also, Angry Birds on my iPhone has gotten me through lots of late nights.

bnb and facebook. I had the radio on last night. Googling various guides to sleep training and dismissing them all as they either mean leaving him to cry or some other unsuitab activity. Pray that he'll just suddenly 'get it'. Think back wistfully to the nights where he has slept. Curse the cold that he's caught from me which i think is the reason why suddenly he won't sleep for longer than an hour at a time :shrug: pretty standard stuff i think!

During the night it's bnb and just general browsing on my iPhone. He sleeps anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours, so from 12-8 I try and sleep when he does, just incase I miss a good 3 hour nap. During the day I read, watch crappy telly, and movies. I should clean but...no thanks lol.

Hi,
my lo is much the same so we also take it in shifts even though it means we hardly see eachother.
i tend to surf the net, drink gallons of coffee while fantasizing about the night when he finally sleeps better & do my housework :)
dh went to bed at 4.30 this morning so we actually shared the bed for an hour lol

Online shopping. Ive spent a fortune since little madam has been born! I bring her downstairs for night feeds etc as OH had the brilliant idea of putting a clock in her nursery and it was torture sitting watching the minutes tick by in there! xxx

i dont do anything...... thats probably why i feel pretty insane most days lol.

a little music helps me sometimes. :) xx

I listen to music and come on here most of the times when she's been up at silly oclock :lol:

I wake up my OH and we bicker about whose turn in it is to stay up with Lily.

I'm evil...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->