What do you do when boredom kicks in?

T

Tanzibar83

I often find that the internet is my only passtime. I have no kids, no hobbies, nothing to really occupy myself with - If I get a hobby it'll cost money but it's a nightmare just stewing away in the flat after work\weekends.

Just wondered how you girls pass the time?

Are you any good at arts/craft or baking?

Before Amari after my obseesive cleaning in the morning, i woud have lunch and then bake cakes or sew clothes.....The TV/internet wasnt on until OH came in from work at 5pm. really filled my time up :flower:

I like doing things like jigsaw puzzles but I think I find every excuse not to do them (no room to, not in right frame of mind etc). At uni I studied screenwriting and I really want to get back into that but this lazy bum has no motivation!

the line of work I'm in is IT and you'd think as soon as I'm home the laptop is the last thing I want to see but nope. There's a part of me that gets to a point in the day and concludes that as work takes up 8.5 hours of my day there's no point doing anything else.

I love cleaning, which I think is probably quite weird to some but there are days\weeks where I just cannot be bothered - think I need some goals or reasons for doing it!

any tips?

How about researching your family tree or a language course - both of which you can use your laptop for .

I don't have much free time, and once baby #2 arrives I don't expect I'll have any! But what little free time I do have, I like to spend watching movies with my DH, baking, online or reading my kindle :D

I always have a long bath when I am board then blow dry my hair and paint my nails

good idea about the researching family tree, boy thats going to be one interesting hobby.

I know it sounds silly but ever since TTC and having so many issues personally I'm really interested to research female infertility and see if there's any line of work out there along those lines - I'd love to help connect the dots and solve so many problems that occur. Just no idea how to get started with that one.

Oh as a side note I decided today I'm going to quit my job, I'm sick and tired of it, just need to find another job first though (which is going to be great when we'll be buying a house this year and I'm so determined to fall pregnant again)

a long bath sounds good paula, thanks for that one, might help with conceiving aswell, just as long as it's not boiling right? ;)

What do i do when boredom kicks on? Either sat on the sofa with my iphone scoffing my face or with the laptop again, scoffing! :blush: Least i'm honest! But, it's not good for the body as i've gained a fair bit of weight :(

However, now it's new year n'all and its time for the weight to come back off i'm going to dig out and wipe down the exercise dvd's, do those then start watching more dvd's with OH. Poor bugger normally ends up watching them on his own :blush:

haha Squidge, I'm probably in the same frame of mind when it comes to the sofa, it's so comfy and whats wrong with breaking the usual routine right? ;)

Before falling pregnant I was on the wii fit on one of those exercise programs so I'd be working out 3\4 times a week but I couldn't care less about keeping fit so much these days. TTC is like my main concern and it's annoying me it's always at the front of my mind whether I work\distract myself, grrrr

Exactly! :lol: Only, you know it's got way out of hand when there's starting to get a huge dent in the sofa from your fat arse :rofl: (Honestly, OH's sat in the same position for the last 10wks and he's put a proper dent in it!!!)

good idea about the researching family tree, boy thats going to be one interesting hobby.

I know it sounds silly but ever since TTC and having so many issues personally I'm really interested to research female infertility and see if there's any line of work out there along those lines - I'd love to help connect the dots and solve so many problems that occur. Just no idea how to get started with that one.

Oh as a side note I decided today I'm going to quit my job, I'm sick and tired of it, just need to find another job first though (which is going to be great when we'll be buying a house this year and I'm so determined to fall pregnant again)

a long bath sounds good paula, thanks for that one, might help with conceiving aswell, just as long as it's not boiling right? ;)

Best of luck :hugs: hope you get your :bfp: really soon x

Oh how I long for spare time LOL.

Great suggestions so far, I was going to suggest reading too. It's cheap and you can while away hours reading a good book.

If you're TTC, a bit of exercise might help with it. Could you do a fitness video in your sitting room once a day?

Yeah I think probably exercising is a big one for me at the mo, after the loss I feel so big and bloated it's unbelievable. Just need the motivation, motivation to stop over thinking when ovulation will come and motivation to go and do something with my life!

:hugs:

I hope whatever you do that you get your :bfp: soon :thumbup:

Good suggestions have been made so far. Have you thought about doing a distance learning course? I really rate the Open University, they have a massive range of modules at various levels in loads of subjects. It takes up a fair amount of my time that would otherwise be 'spare' :D

Other than that, knitting, cross stitch, reading, playing (learning?) an instrument, but I do spend a fair bit of my time peeing about on the internet too :blush:

xx

Eat! Lol. Iv got my horse to play with and I like baking. I make time for my hobbies and the kids or id go insane! Iv got a very understanding hubbie. :D

Think I've eaten double my body weight over xmas, it's a lovely hobby but I don't think a dietician would like that!

If DS is at school and LO is asleep I usually catch up on my Sky+ or come on the internet.

Before the kids I loved to read books, do wii fit, jigsaw puzzles and long leisurely walks and hour long soak in the bath!

Now I've got kids, I come on here and occasionally get the chance to go for a run.

When I have time I either cross stitch while listening to a book or come on here. Or play Skyrim.

I love reading.. so I read a book to pass the time.. If I have any spare lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->