• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

What do you do when breastfeeding?

joeyjo

Mum to 2boys, growing #3
Reaction score
In the day time I try and talk to LO whilst I'm feeding him but I feel silly because there is obviously no response as yet. I tell him about my day and sometimes say nursery rhymes etc. I also feel a bit silly and self consciuos although I'm sure that will improve.

In the evening I am a bit quieter, sometimes I'll come on here or I make patterns with my fingers on his back and "sing" incy wincy spider,,,
Overnight I do't say much at all but I often can't help kissing his little head.

I talk to him and tell him what a good boy he is over and over - poor kid must be bored of that by now lol. During the day when we're feeding my OH will come in and cuddle up to him kissing him too which is sweet. I'll always have the tv on too as feeds sometimes take a long time (he likes to stop and start and fall asleep on the boob but generally can't take my eyes off my son:baby::cloud9: My favourite bit is just after the feed when he falls asleep cuddled into me - i leave him there for a few minutes before laying him down to sleep.

At night I doze off while he's feeding - we're co-sleeping so I'll wake when he cries, switch sides of the bed with him to the side of the boobie being used and just lie down, latch him on and doze off. The first few nights I was waking fully and sitting up to feed him but not now. Really getting the hang of this BF lark lol

I stroke Emily's hair (theres loads of it) and brush it away from her face. Stroke her back gently and keep quiet. Shes still at a curious stage so I try to avoid eye contact otherwise she'll look at me, smile and start chattering away!

I am normally on facebook on the phone, watching TV or eating :D

Read a book to Toby (check out my ticker lol) or text people back while I have 5mins to do it:thumbup:

Yeah I just occupy myself on the computer or watching TV or eating or whatever. I often don't notice when he's finished and rolled off asleep, lol.

I surf when I am in livingrooom. The internet I mean lol The lap top is on the arm of the chair which is a high arm on chair and he is on my legs and I am turned side ways. If that makes sence. Its confortable. he is sleeping now just below where I am typing. IN bed I sometimes play a game on my phone of just stare at him.

I generally feed in the living room on the settee with a breastfeeding pillow so i watch TV and chat and sing to Amelia. At night she is in bed with me so i feed her but no eye contact and no talking to her. :haha:

At first I was more engaged with him and now I'm watching TV, reading, or talking on the phone or internet browsing. Although if I read, sometimes he pulls off the nipple to try and grab the book from me!

Hannah feeds for such short periods of time in the day now if you blink you'll miss it so I don't have much time for anything. I usually crack open the laptop if she's in for the long haul lol

All sorts! eat, read, watch tv, cut his nails, inspect his ears, eyes, nose, mouth, stroke his head, kiss his hand, talk, sing, mostly though i just stare at him!

I dont do much apart from sit or lay quietly as she is so distractable at the minute if I move sudenly or speak, she stops feeding to have a good look around and we both end up covered in milk lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"