What do you do with grown out of toys??

bumptwo

Reaction score
That isn't a huge pain and effort?

I'm due no 2 next week and trying to cull 3 year olds toys but they are all still in good condition.

I just can't begin to put things on eBay or struggle them to a car boot!!

Help?!??

I've just taken a whole load to the charity shop, they were very grateful. I was planning to sell some but the amount of time and space taken up just wasn't worth it.

Could you put them in the loft for No2 to use?

I'd also save them for the next one, am I the only one that doesn't find selling a pain? I love ebay. You could try local selling sites on Facebook? .xx

Iv been saving them for number 2, anything i cant stand/ takes up to much space etc iv been giving away to either the baby and toddler group we go to, or to my uncle for his LO.

I tried gumtreeing stuff but with the amount of rude/ cheeky/ not too bright contacting me was just not worth it. (Eg. Rideon goes on for £15 i get texts and calls offering £3 etc. )

I'm having a girl and so many are very boy... Plus some I hate and I know a girl will never play with them.

I'm desperate to just make room so I can get the final cleaning done!!!

My DH is a hoarder so it's been a hard slog...

If it's something precious or that I'd like to keep for another child it goes in the attic. If I don't like it but it might sell for more than 99p I'd Ebay it, otherwise charity shop or, if they're broken/in a state, the bin. Also, you might be surprised at what your little girl likes to play with so may be worth keeping them even if you think they are too boyish.

I like to make sure my little girl has both boys and girls toys. Currently her fave toys inc cars and balls....

I've been keeping them all for the next baby. Otherwise I'd take them to a charity shop if they're in decent condition.

I kept all of Louis' toys for Alex, some are now back in the loft waiting to see whether my sister wants some for my nephew, otherwise they're going to charity. Good job we have a huge loft as more plastic junk gone up there today!

I signed up to some local Facebook groups and people either collect from my house, workplace or I arrange to meet them in town next time I was going.

Any money received has gone in my DD's piggy bank. I've had a few people fail to turn up but you often get more than 1 person interested so there's a fall back option.

Best advice is be honest, accurate and realistic on price.

I've saved any of bens old toys for this baby but since we've moved I'm starting to get rid of some of the toys that I think are a bit rubbish. I try and sell them on fb or give them away to charity/other people.

I saved most of DSs toys and stored them in the loft. Some of his also made their way into my work toy box

I take a lot of things to a local charity shop or pass them on to friends. But to be honest the majority of my friends are like me in that they have more toys than they know what to do with and are always keen to offload some.

I don't give that much money-wise to charity (I don't have a paid job and we don't have a lot of spare money after nursery fees etc) so I see giving good quality old toys and baby clothes as a contribution I can make.

x

Friends/Family with younger children or charity.

I either take them along to our local mother and toddler groups or give them away on local FB selling sits :)

I donate lots to portage (special needs service for young pre school kids) who have had their resource funding cut and need toys/books to use :) That and my local children's ward. DD has had lots of use of both services so it seemed a good use to me. Otherwise I would donate to local charities for children from impoverished backgrounds.

I am keeping everything for number 2. When number 2 has finished with them I'll sell bigger things and charity shop the rest. My local community centre has a swap shop as well so I'll give some stuff to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->