what do you do with your four month old?

ThunderPearls

Mum to 1 cheeky monkey!
Reaction score
Hi,

just wondering what everyone does during the day to entertain their four month olds!? I am running out of things to do and this week cant get to any of the groups I usually go to so am needing activity ideas!

Ethan seems to just get bored of everything :( he doesnt like his teddies anynore, doesnt likw his bouncy chair, doesnt like his plastictoys/rattles etc, gets boed of songs, gets bored of books, he loves to roll but then screams when he gets on his tummy, ... Im just at a loss as what to try :(

walks are sporadic as we dont have a raincover for the pram a the minute.

So whats your daily routine like?

we have just bought a bouncer for above the door and she loves it! She will happily bounce away while I make tea or wash up as long as I keep chatting to her :)

Hi,

I wrote an almost identical post last week!! It's so hard to find something to entertain my 4month old! A lot of people recommended Jumparoos, I haven't got one yet but I'm thinking about it. Leo has just learnt how to strop now too so as soon as he's bored he throws a bit fit! I'm sure this age is too young for that!!! I've been for a walk with him already today to buy some new toys and he's bored of them.

X

We have a Jumperoo which we got second hand for £50. It's so worth the money - Ollie adores it and can easily spend up to an hour bouncing it and playing with the activities on it. I can't recommend it enough.

We also have nappy off time on the floor, I read to him, we sing nursery rhymes and I give him different coloured blankets with different textures to play with. He also likes to sit propped up watching me do housework.

Ella loved (still does!) her jumperoo at that age but also her baby gym and her swing. I also often go walking with her or to playgroups. She likes seeing other kids and lying on the floor with toys.

4 months is difficult...they get bored, yet can't do a lot!

My son liked being walked around, facing out, to see everything (which is hard on the back after awhile since he wasn't strong enough to be facing out in his baby bjorn yet). I ended up getting a really strong left arm, so I could still get stuff done with my right.

Baby jumper hanging in the door frame was excellent--he loved it. I got a jolly jumper and it was super cheap (less than $20).

He liked laying on a blanket and having things above to look at. I had different mobiles designs for inside that I could interchange, and we would go outside and he'd look at the leaves on the trees or the clouds.

We had a small music toy that had some flashing coloured lights--he liked that too.

Bath time was always a hit and usually took almost half an hour by the time he was unchanged, bathed and redressed.

Lastly, we have a dog and cat, and they were the best, most hilarious distractions we could ever have :)

I think at four months I mainly went, arghh where's my lovely sleepy born gone and struggled to amuse him!
I'd lie him in his cot under the mobile and read him books like the gruffalo, carry him in a sling around the house, go on a dog walk, and endlessly try and get him to nap! I didn't like four months haha

My baby is 13 weeks so a bit younger, he is getting to thia stage though as hes still quite young for alot of things but very interested in things. I try and get out the house as much as possible my baby hroups arw off the next 2 weeks as its coucil run so think were going to go swimming and lots of walking. He always behaves when we visit people so try and do that alot haha. But toys wise he still likes his playmat, likes watching his mobile and likes watching a little tv already ( it was by accident that I found that out) he hates his bouncer, swing and anything that restrains him.

Your lo is10 minsolderthan Flynn!

He plays on his baby gym, watches baby tv, we go on walks, I lay him on my lap & sing, I have just started reading books to him too.

Another jumperoo fan here - she will happily sit in it for half hour whilst I'm jumping up and down trying to make her laugh and humming the tunes - things we do eh!

I also got a play mat for our LO - its massive so she can have a good roll about on it.

She also loves Lamaze toys but I agree its a struggle some days and I'm sure she probably just looks at me as if to say 'Oh no not you again'

My LO is easily amused, she likes me talking & singing to her. We dance & she loves Lamaze toys. She likes her swing but always ends up falling asleep. We go on at least one dog walk a day & go visit my mum that always make her smile.

Aarrgh so it seems the best thing is a jumparoo! Darn it lol we live in a tiny 1 bed apartment and there just isnt space :( I have been thinking about one of the door hanging jumpy things though so maybe that is the solution! I saw an amazing one in boots which was all colourful and had toys clipped on it and was almost the same price as the boring plain one... But now I cant find it in store anymore!

My mum has a jumparoo from my baby sister sh says w can have so I may try and squash it in somehow if the door thing fails.. Even if it means getting rid of the tiny dinner table we have lol (its not as if we get a chance for sit down meals anyway these days!)

he also loves different fabrics too and loves it when I swirl all my colourful scarves in his face but even that only occupies him for 5 mins or so lately :(

does anyone use interactive toys at this age? We dont have any yet as they all say 6m+ but im sure he would be fine with them considering he is never out of sight.

We went on a big walk yeterday and he does love being out of the house, which is why we go to groups 4/7 days a week but some of them are getting difficult to book on to now :(

LO also loves mirrors - he'll stare and talk to himself for ages! He enjoys playing with the camera on my phone if it's facing him for the same reason.

The door jumper will likely work - we have one at my mother in laws for Ollie and it has by and large the same effect. I personally prefer the Jumperoo as he's seems to enjoy the music and lights on it too.

Mine has a playmat with dangly toys, music and lights. He can play on that for an hour! He has a jumper and a bouncer and he's got some dice-like toys with various colors and textures he loves. He also likes to be held so that he can stand and stretch his legs. Bath time is a hit. He'll play for half an hour splashing and kicking away. He likes watching leaves on trees outside and unfortunately also likes the TV. I think it's the motion and colors. We go for walks and have a mommy-baby group once a week.

I used to worry so much about entertainment. I'd sing, Interact with him on
Play mat in jumperoo etc. honestly they're happy with any interaction at this stage. Our rain cover ripped so
Now I use a see through umbrella. It's a big one. Walking was a massive part of our day

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->