what do you make of this?

M

Maman

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...dford-cellar-years-family-lived-upstairs.html

Do you think social services should have been more involved? is it like baby p all over again?

im not sure that man has the right to call himself 'dad' :cry: i know how judgemental that is to say.

Very odd. The rest of her children didn't find it odd that their brother just disapeared? and the dad? Hm.

I don't understand :wacko: Did the dad not wonder where his son was the past 2 years...?

Terrible, but very weird too. How could someone not notice the disapperance?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...tairs-First-picture-child-lay-dead-years.html

so the father blames ss and the police? i think id give him more cerdit if he just admitted his own huge failure.

I'm not sure how the fathers to blame, okay he didnt see his kids, but how many other fathers out there do?

There is no one to blame apart from the mother and this 22 year old male they are questioning imo.

I don't think he's to blame but I think it's a bit distasteful to crop up playing the doting dad card when you've clearly not been in your kids' lives for years

im sorry but if you dont see your child and then your child dies from supposed neglect, and you dont even know then that makes you partly to blame, not seeing your child is neglect.

and yes to turn up with a card calling yourself dad and blaming everyone else.... well thats terrible imo

But who knows the reasons why he didnt see his children? yes he could of pushed more to see his children, but that in no way makes him responsible for what happened to his son!

you telling me that parents who arent in their childs lives who find out their child died should just carry on as normal, be ice cold..... would it be better for the father to say, 'i dont care, i never saw him anyway'?

whatever the reason how that child died was cruel, and to be left for however many years to rot why a family carry on their lives above is just madness.... the only people to blame is the people who did it imo.

edit: i just found more information on the case, and he wasnt allowed to see his children due to being barred because of a domestic abuse case against the mother but often spoke to them on the phone, one of his son's choose to live with him when he turned 18.. he warned police and social services somthing wasnt right when he was told that the little boy was being sent miles away to live and to go to school.

It says that the dad was banned from contacting the mother because of domestic violence.

I do definitely think the police/social services should have atleast checked that the child was living somewhere else however its not really them to blame for the neglect and ultimately death of the child.

So so sad :cry:

they've been released on bail. how so? :|

so he beat the mother and possibly the child?

definitely partially to blame.

even if he couldnt make contact with the mother, surely he would have been able to see his child at contact centres and make more phone calls.

and i wouldnt be showing my face with a card saying 'dad' if i was in his position he hasnt behaved like a dad.

Ok something completely different & maybe I'm being dumb but why did neighbours get suspicious when they saw a child at the attic window???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->