What do you miss after getting pregnant?

mrsj13

Reaction score
I'm 21 weeks now and there are certain things that I really miss doing/eating.

1. Alcohol - I'm not much into it, but an occasional glass of wine or dark rum was my way of relaxing with the hubby.

2. Cold Cuts - LOVED cold cut meats, now I'll have to wait till I'm done with breastfeeding.

3. Dressing Up - I loved my tight fitted jeans and extra small sized tops and tees. I've gone from medium to large in just two months. None of my earlier clothes fit me and I'm too scared of investing more in the current large size, you never know when you go from large to extra large!

4. Anytime Wild Sex - Being a newlywed, it hurts not to have an urge to do "it"...seriously :wacko:

What are the things that you're missing?

Energy - I just don't have as much as I used to, I can't be on the go all day and work every night anymore..

Alcohol - I miss a G&T in the pub garden.

Being seen as anything but a foetus house - all anyone wants to do is tell me i look crap, tell me what i should be doing during pregnancy and how i should eventually parent.

My jeans.

xx

A social drink and cigarette.
I only ever smoked socially but being at parties sucks!

Camembert and blue.

Having energy.

?? You can eat cold cut meats when breastfeeding OP??

Running- I ran a lot, and i miss it. I get cramp if i run now so i have just stopped.

My body and fitting into my clothes- I was quite slim and could wear small clothes and now i really can't and my belly is getting big. My body has changed a lot, and i can feel quite insecure about it.

Everything, hot hot baths. cold meat, beer or an alcho pop,
i miss the not being worried feeling, being comfy in bed, i miss energy,
sleeping through the night without having to pee, my coffee addiction,
and so much more!

Being able to say " i feel sick" without some twit chirping up with " your pregnant not sick!" dude, vomiting is sick no matter what else is going on!! not being able to have a sore back or feet or head or anything without " your pregnant you will get used to it!"

On the bright side ive been told im still allowed soft boiled eggs and in a few months ill have a new baby, just wish pregnancy was alot shorter

Hi...my mom in law asked me not to and a friend who loves cold cuts just as much as I do, told me her doctor asked her to strictly keep away from spicy food and cold cuts during breastfeeding. I think I'm gonna stay away...only a matter of six months :)

Lying on my front in bed.
Jeans.
I didn't realise how sick I'd become of leggings!

Ibuprofen.

Ha, me too! Ibuprofen's the only thing that really helps my hormonal headaches. Paracetamol takes the edge off but doesn't usually get rid of it.
A cold can of beer - I only really had one at a time while breastfeeding, but watching a Friday night film isn't the same with a cup of tea.
Soft ice cream - I love ice cream!
Having a hot bath without being paranoid that it might be TOO hot.
Less varicose veins - they're more obvious on my thighs and private area while pregnant and make me feel gross.
Happily lying on my back as much as I want.
Having sex without being paranoid in case it makes me bleed - even though I never have, I still hold my breath a bit with that first wipe. And not having my womb in the way and tightening up during sex, which just feels weird.

Huge iced coffee
Italian sub
Fitting into all my jeans

Those are the three things I complain about missing the most but I keep in mind it will be worth it in the end! :)

I was doing really well at losing weight, I'm missing my new weight loss body that I only had for a very short period of time.
I miss all the new clothes that I had bought sizes smaller than I have ever worn in my life.
I miss not worrying about everything. My savings account was meant for a new SUV that I now will not be getting, so I'm missing the new range rover that I never got lol!
It will all be worth it once my little girl is here.

Bloody Marys. OMG!!!!! It is also a pregnancy craving. I've been getting Virgin Marys but it just isn't the same. I went to a wedding and had 5 virgin marys. I can't help it!!!

Meat! My biggest food aversion is meat. I don't like the taste, look, or smell. It is awful. I usually love meat!

I eat loads of spicy foods, not sure why you can't?

But I really miss my energy! and working out!!

Ohhh myyy gawwwdddd.

I miss feeling light and strong.

I miss my smaller bras and being able to fit into my slimmer clothes.

I miss being able to walk at a fast pace.

ahhhhh!

Being able to eat what I want, especially carbs.
Not having to test my blood sugar 4 times a day.
Damn gestational diabetes!

I also miss gin and wine (not in the same glass obviously) and being able to go to a restaurant without having aversions to the food smells.

1. SUSHI. I don't get why I can't. Women in Japan eat sushi their entire pregnancy. I tried to order a cooked roll once and it came out with raw tuna. But at that point, who's turning back? Not me. Ooops. OK no more sushi restaurants. It's too depressing.

2. Hot sex with my hot husband. I'm just so not into it right now and that is not like me at all.

3. Wine.
4. Energy
5. Not being sick
6. Having more time/energy for my 4 year old daughter
7. My closet full of useless clothes that don't fit

Wine
Energy
Late nights
Pate and salami

Probably loads more that I cant think of right now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online