What do you obsess about?

babyonmymind

Reaction score
I was just curious what everyone else obsesses over? I was too anxious for my first pregnancy(mc 2 weeks ago), and I'd constantly be thinking about dates, due dates, conception dates, maternity leave dates. I'm still obsessing over dates, when the bleeding stops, when to start ttc, possible due dates, praying to fall pregnant again soon. I think the worse thing I obsess about is how my 19 yr old sister is 6 months pregnant, living with my parents, her and her 33 yr old fiancee are unable to support themselves, much less a baby, but they planned on having one anyways. I also try and research everything about everything, it's gotten worse since we started ttc. Does anyone else have this problem? What do you obsess about?

oohh me, ME! google is my bff! how long have you been ttc? it was definitely worse in the beginning for me. i would be checking my ff chart every hour like it would change some how :wacko: and before O, i would use an opk every single time i peed just in case i would miss my surge. i was constantly looking up dates and every cycle i would look up symptoms, even though i read the same posts with the same info :nope: this cycle i seem a little better bc we are doing the SMEP. i guess bd'ing every other day and not worrying about anything else is kinda helping. still doing the opk's but only once or twice a day. so i guess it is completely normal to obsess...or else this site, and others like it wouldn't exist! :hugs:

That'd be me!!

After my MMC at the beginning of March, I researched EVERYTHING! When the bleeding would stop, when AF would start, when I would ovulate, etc etc etc. I think it helped me focus more on what could happen after the MMC, and not the loss of our baby itself. I was more focused on the future at points. I also obssessed over baby deals. Like clothes, and other things. This is probably stupid, but I got some great deals at Carters a few weeks ago on some gender neutral clothes. I couldn't pass up the good deal!! Baby clothes that were normally $20 or so, I got for $7-$9. They are super cute too!

Yes, I think I have an obsessive personality. I have done so many google searches. During the MC I was trying to figure out if the hCG levels were still viable, then when they were dropping I was trying to figure out how long it would take for them to return to 0. Then I was googling fertility tests and trying to prepare myself for the appt. with the FS. The latest thing, I was searching on this last night, was the chances for multiples on Clomid. I'm a little scared of that at the moment. :) Well, scared/excited.

Every day it's something different. And the problem is that you don't get a single answer from searching, you get lots of answers, some good and some bad. Then you have to really figure out what you believe. The next few days I'll be in a conference for work, and I will be trying not to let my obsession take over while I'm there! Gotta learn stuff, after all. :haha:

I was just curious what everyone else obsesses over? I was too anxious for my first pregnancy(mc 2 weeks ago), and I'd constantly be thinking about dates, due dates, conception dates, maternity leave dates. I'm still obsessing over dates, when the bleeding stops, when to start ttc, possible due dates, praying to fall pregnant again soon.

I have been crunching dates in my head for almost five months now. I keep links to a bunch of ovulation calendars because DH and I are trying for a girl this time and I want to get the timing right. Not like it's a foolproof way of doing it, but I just want to increase the odds... So one calendar says DTD up until a certain day and another one says to do it a day longer and these are both supposed to help us make a girl. So then I start working through the differences in my head and trying to figure out what we'll be doing this cycle.

i would be checking my ff chart every hour like it would change some how :wacko:

Yes! I am trying to remember every symptom and make sure I'm putting in my temps and meds and mood and everything else. DH would be scared at the level of effort... So glad I can act like a crazy person around you all and you will still love me in spite of it. :haha:

I am with Littlebird... I have an obsessive personality. Whatever I pick at that certain moment to obsess about, is all I think about.

The first time we were TTC it was a complete obsession. Temping, and OPKs, and timing the sex perfectly, and taking all these pregnancy tests even after I saw a positive... It was like I KNEW it was too good to be true. Since the m/c, my priorities have changed a bit... I'm not quite as obsessive this time around... No Temping/Charting, but I am doing OPKs... How could I not?! It's like I'm obsessed with knowing what my body is doing at all times. It provides a sense of control for me because deep down I know that none of this is in my control. If I were in complete control, I never would have m/c.

I think it's okay to take charge and be obsessed about it, just as long as you're not STRESSING yourself out (or your DH out).

No stress here. (At least not until the 2WW.) :)

It's like I'm obsessed with knowing what my body is doing at all times. It provides a sense of control for me because deep down I know that none of this is in my control. If I were in complete control, I never would have m/c.

I think it's okay to take charge and be obsessed about it, just as long as you're not STRESSING yourself out (or your DH out).

I couldn't have put this better... It's soooo a control thing. I HATE not being able to completely control it and so being able to take control at least in knowing what is happening is really therapeutic.

In response to the original question - I obsess about EVERYTHING!!

:hugs:

I also have an obsessive personality. Like you all anything i put my mind to is all i can think about. Like I have OCD. I first noticed it the first time we were TTC ... was obsessed about that for a year. ( had a chemical then got pregnant with my daughter 8 months later) when i got pregnant with her i was so scared to have another miscarriage... past the 2nd tri worried about umbilical cord accident or stillborn or anything... had her... worried about SIDS... past the first birthday... ( she got really sick before her first birthday, like with a 104 fever) so then i got obsessed with germs... was a germaphobe for like a year... then i was unhappy with my weight... went down to 95 pounds... recently decided to try for another baby so i had to gain weight to get my cycles back ... don't feel bad ladies your not as bad as me. :wacko: But with my faith I have learned to put GOD first. And it has really helped me and i haven't been crazy like i was before.

Another one with an obsessive side here too. I guess that's what led me to this site in the first place. WHen I was pregnant I'd be obsessed with checkign weekly updates on development, and had an app that did daily ones on my phone. Then I obsessed over MMC and TTC afterwards. Having an enforced break as my DH was overseas was helpful in breaking the cycle!

oohh me, ME! google is my bff! how long have you been ttc? it was definitely worse in the beginning for me. i would be checking my ff chart every hour like it would change some how :wacko: and before O, i would use an opk every single time i peed just in case i would miss my surge. i was constantly looking up dates and every cycle i would look up symptoms, even though i read the same posts with the same info :nope: this cycle i seem a little better bc we are doing the SMEP. i guess bd'ing every other day and not worrying about anything else is kinda helping. still doing the opk's but only once or twice a day. so i guess it is completely normal to obsess...or else this site, and others like it wouldn't exist! :hugs:

Well with my fiance we got pregnant right away....but I've been waiting a few years to try. My divorce recently was finalized, among the million other reasons we seperated, he decided after we got married that he didn't want to have a baby anymore....but don't feel bad, I strongly believe everything happens for a reason, and my fiance now makes me happier then I've ever been

That'd be me!!

After my MMC at the beginning of March, I researched EVERYTHING! When the bleeding would stop, when AF would start, when I would ovulate, etc etc etc. I think it helped me focus more on what could happen after the MMC, and not the loss of our baby itself. I was more focused on the future at points. I also obssessed over baby deals. Like clothes, and other things. This is probably stupid, but I got some great deals at Carters a few weeks ago on some gender neutral clothes. I couldn't pass up the good deal!! Baby clothes that were normally $20 or so, I got for $7-$9. They are super cute too!

You know, I heard this same recommendation from someone else too, I will definately have to try it soon

It's like I'm obsessed with knowing what my body is doing at all times. It provides a sense of control for me because deep down I know that none of this is in my control. If I were in complete control, I never would have m/c.

Haha, Gary tells me I'm a control freak all the time, I think I'm finally coming down from the stressing myself out about it. Like you I'm not obsessing about TTC as much as the 1st time

I also have an obsessive personality. Like you all anything i put my mind to is all i can think about. Like I have OCD. I first noticed it the first time we were TTC ... was obsessed about that for a year. ( had a chemical then got pregnant with my daughter 8 months later) when i got pregnant with her i was so scared to have another miscarriage... past the 2nd tri worried about umbilical cord accident or stillborn or anything... had her... worried about SIDS... past the first birthday... ( she got really sick before her first birthday, like with a 104 fever) so then i got obsessed with germs... was a germaphobe for like a year... then i was unhappy with my weight... went down to 95 pounds... recently decided to try for another baby so i had to gain weight to get my cycles back ... don't feel bad ladies your not as bad as me. :wacko: But with my faith I have learned to put GOD first. And it has really helped me and i haven't been crazy like i was before.

lol nice to know what I'm in for :winkwink: ...... my faith has been tested, feel like I've been saying "when it rains it pours" in my head everyday since, everything just keeps going wrong. But I'm slowly feeling more optimistic, and still praying lots :)

ok ladies - the newest thing that i have been constantly googling ---

hot baths in the tww??
and
allergy meds in the tww??

has anyone come across any answers in their searches?

ok ladies - the newest thing that i have been constantly googling ---

hot baths in the tww??
and
allergy meds in the tww??

has anyone come across any answers in their searches?

I don't know how bad your allergies are, or what you are taking, but I have been taking Rhinocort nasal spray for years. My doctors have allowed me to use it while pregnant too. I think if your allergies are really severe it might not be quite strong enough, but for me it seems to do pretty well. But this weekend... I'm having really bad reactions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->