What do you read to your LO?

Nothing :( Maria won't let me read to her, she just wants to point to everything in the pictures and ask what they are so thats all we do. I hope she'll calm down soon because I really want to read the Moomin books to her.

I read with my girls all the time, DD1 loves books and will constantly ask me to read to her, she has so many books!

Her fav ones at the min are-

The tiger who came to tea (love this reminds me of being a kid)
The blue kangaroo series
And the beatrix potter books she has the whole set so we read a different one each night :)

PJ isn't that interested in books, unless it's to eat them and rip them. :rofl: But he does enjoy the play-a-sound books so I reead lots of those to him. I also read him Mickey Mouse and Winnie The Pooh.

I dont read to my LO any more, he reads to me instead which is lovely, he loves all kind of books and will read anything, I like it when he gets stuck on a word it makes me feel useful again :flower:

Awwww that is really sweet, just hope my LO keeps up the interest in books.
Louandivy-I like your idea with the Jolly Postman, think that can be the rule in our household:haha:

Currently on Amazon looking for new titles, wish we had a charity bookstore locally, where we are is quite rural-there are charity stores in the local town but with only a small selection of books! I have ordered Roald Dahl's The Enormous Crocodile.

Have you tried play.com for books? You can quite often pick up books for £1.50 with free delivery,they are 2nd hand but you'd never say. I've bought alot of books off there for the boys recently

Daniel has 2 stories at bedtime every night. Other than that, story time is whenever he wants it.
his faves are The Elmer the Elephant series, Thomas the Tank Engine series, Dr Seuss, and the Mr Men and Little Miss series.
Other books we read are my childhood stories.
We have a discount book store in town and we often buy books from there!

I've been reading the BFG to my my daughter and my partner has been reading the wind in the willows.

During the day we read picture books like The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Guess How Much I Love You etc. But at night they get a chapter from Harry Potter :blush:

I read to Ben every night before bed. He loves his mike the knight annual at the moment but he has a basket full of books that we got through regularly.

My favourite book that we borrowed from the library was called goodnight digger. It was so cute, but Ben went off it pretty quickly :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->