What do you think about the Welsh Childrens Commissioner saying 'No Smacking Is Safe'

hawalkden

Reaction score
As titled..

I honestly don't want this to come as a huge debate. Just wondering what you think about it.

I'm currently 32 weeks pregnant and when I was a child and did something wrong or just wasn't listening my mum would give me a warning if I carried on she'd slap the back of my legs and I wouldn't do it again.

I was always scared of my dad when he came home if I hadn't listened all day to my mum and she told him what happened etc or if it was him I wasn't listening to. He'd smack me on my legs too but due to him being bigger built it hurt more also he was the man of the house so what said went really.

When Peanut is older and they are doing something out of hand or just not listening but they are pushing it like I did and I knew deep down it'd end in a smack. I'll be tapping the back of their legs. Not hard just like my parents did; they never left a mark or hurt me much it was just the shock and fear of my dad coming home and knowing I was in trouble scared me enough most of the time and he only smacked me very very very rarely and that was due to me pushing him in most cases! So my parents did us smacking as a very last resort and didn't molly cuddle me at all after they'd make sure I'd learnt my lesson!

Yes they may cry like I did but I never did what I'd done wrong again. e.g. one event when I was about 8 I kept phoning random numbers off the housephone and then putting it down so the person would phone back and my parents would have to deal with it which of course is wrong and at that age its funny but my parents needed to show me what is right and wrong when it came to doing things.

As titled..

I honestly don't want this to come as a huge debate. Just wondering what you think about it.

I'm currently 32 weeks pregnant and when I was a child and did something wrong or just wasn't listening my mum would give me a warning if I carried on she'd slap the back of my legs and I wouldn't do it again.

I was always scared of my dad when he came home if I hadn't listened all day to my mum and she told him what happened etc or if it was him I wasn't listening to. He'd smack me on my legs too but due to him being bigger built it hurt more also he was the man of the house so what said went really.

When Peanut is older and they are doing something out of hand or just not listening but they are pushing it like I did and I knew deep down it'd end in a smack. I'll be tapping the back of their legs. Not hard just like my parents did; they never left a mark or hurt me much it was just the shock and fear of my dad coming home and knowing I was in trouble scared me enough most of the time and he only smacked me very very very rarely and that was due to me pushing him in most cases! So my parents did us smacking as a very last resort and didn't molly cuddle me at all after they'd make sure I'd learnt my lesson!

Yes they may cry like I did but I never did what I'd done wrong again. e.g. one event when I was about 8 I kept phoning random numbers off the housephone and then putting it down so the person would phone back and my parents would have to deal with it which of course is wrong and at that age its funny but my parents needed to show me what is right and wrong when it came to doing things.

I was slapped once as a child, honestly, i absolutely deserved it. However i think there is a massive difference between a slap and a tap. Yes people will say a tap gives a negative impression but i have two naughty younger sisters and sometimes a little tap on the hand is the only way to show them they are being ridiculously naughty.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->