what do you think it is?

lovedupme

Reaction score
hi,
i have just joined after searching all day for answers so thought i'd join up and see what someone thinks.
my partner and i are not exactly trying but not exactly not either, if it happens it happens and we would both be happy with it :)
he is away a lot so we dont see each other a lot, but for the last year we have been not been using protection. i was told by docs 2 years ago that i have polycystic ovaries but after taking medication my cycle is 28-29 days regular every month for the last year naturally with out using the meds (weight loss helped).
anyway..my partner was here on the 19th aug and i was given norethisterone 5mg to take as my period was due on the 22nd, but i was that happy to see him i totally forgot. my period then started early on the 20th aug so i took the norethisterone, this slowed down the bleeding A LOT, i took 6 tabs altogether between the 20th & 21st,he left on the 22nd so didn;t take anymore. we did have quite a lot of unpotected sex whilst he was here.my period started again full flow on the eve of 21st and lasted until the 26th.
yesterday 31st when i went to the toilet i had brownish discharge and then stomach cramps, 2nd time i went to toilet there was a small amount of mucus with light streaks of blood in it, today just cramps.
the dates work out that it could be implantation but also if i hadn't taken norethisterone then it could be early ovulation. as i took the norethisterone and the bleeding basically stopped then started again a few days later im not sure which days would be classed as the first day of my period and when my next one will be due or if this could be ovulation or implantation? throughout the year we have always had sex around ovulation time and this is really the first time we haven't, i did feel like i was ovulating in the 23rd as i had a lot of mucus and my other usual symptoms, but i thought it would be impossible right after my period...i actually thought i couldn't get pregnant during a period anyway which was why we were so relaxed about it all...but as i said we would be happy if it turned out i was pregnant....what do you think?

I honestly don't know - perhaps you would be best talking to your doctor?

hi, thanks...I was thinkng that this morning but wasn't sure if it was something that really justified an appointment or if I should just wait it out and see, I still have slight niggly cramps now but no more discharge or anything.

Could the stomach cramps be a side affect of the meds??
It could go either way, but I dont know anything about norethisterone. All I know is, artifical hormones throw everything out of wack and cause a lot of side affects.

I think maybe you should talk to your doctor about it. Try not to mess around with your meds like that because it may only make it harder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->