What do you think of Bella for a girl

charm232

Reaction score
Hi there really struggling for a girls name and love bella
But think it may be becoming too popular because of the
Series twilight ?
Opinions much appreciated

Hi I think the twilight craze has died down now.
I think it's a beautiful name and one we considered for Isabelle.
Although I do know lots of dogs called Bella x

It's def become popular, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I prefer Belle :)

Sorry to be negative, but I think the whole Twilight craze (while dying) is still leaving its mark on Bella and Isabella.

It's a very pretty name but I'd be a bit wary of it because it (or more specifically Isabella with the nickname Bella) is so hyper popular that it may feel rather trendy and ultimately be generationally dated when the fad dies down.

I liked Isabella pre-twilight, but have put it aside for that reason...but maybe I care too much about what others think. BUT if you love the name and could care less if it's super trendy, more power to you, and go for it!

Twilight has ruined that name for me, I used to love it too.

I love it love it love it!

Didn't watch twilight so just like the name in itself. And remember there are a lot of oeople out there who won't have watched/care about/even know what twilight is!

Love Bella and its on the top 5 for us too. But again im worried its over-used now and too popular and wanted something as pretty as this but not in the top 10.

I love Isabella too and isabel but have found another name we like that isnt so popular and number 1200 on charts - Isadora but getting mixed reviews

Love Bella and its on the top 5 for us too. But again im worried its over-used now and too popular and wanted something as pretty as this but not in the top 10.

I love Isabella too and isabel but have found another name we like that isnt so popular and number 1200 on charts - Isadora but getting mixed reviews

Isadora is very pretty, really like that 😀

Bella is beautiful. Someone on my Facebook just had a little girl and they called her Arabella which I think is gorgeous!

I love it - OH had a dog called Bella :( so vetoed xx

Sadly Twilight has ruined both Isabelle and Bella for me. But if you and OH love it, that's what matters.

I LOVE IT. Just as it is, without being short for anything. It's timeless, simple, and beautiful.. Suited for a princess or a lady <3

I'm in the US, I don't know one couple that has named there daughter this.. Not too popular, but just as my dd Anna.. It's a classic

My nearly 4yr old daughter is bella. I didn't even know about twilight when I picked the name I have since fallen if love with twilight but it is really frustrating that everyone makes that association. However I still love her name. X

I love the name Bella! I would use it in a heartbeat bc it's gorgeous!! But - I would want a longer name, with "Bella" as a nickname. And Isabella (although stunning!) is just way too popular at the moment. I like Arabella, but I don't "love" it. I have the same concerns though about Bella. I worry that it will be associated with Twilight (which has def died down now!), and I also worry that it is commonly used as a name for pets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->