what do you think of my plans?

flutterbylge

Riley's mummy & expecting
Reaction score
hello there,

i have more or less made my mind up about when to go on my maternity leave and what to do etc, so here goes my plan, would love to see if you think it is sensible as well..

the thing is, i am a qualified English teacher in Turkey, my home country, however i live in the UK with my DH and my degree counts here but my teaching qualification doesnt.. At the moment i work at Central SChool of English as an administrator and got to know a lot of people from all other language schools.. so my plan is to go on my maternity leave at 28 weeks, take two weeks off to rest, sort myself and the house out, and at 30 weeks, start my 4 weeks CELTA course, which would allow me to teach english to speakers of other languages, and by working 3 hours a day, i could be getting the same amount of money i get now, and possibly even more.. the only thing is that the course is £1000, but i feel like its worth it and it will let me work around the baby when my maternity pay stops..

i just want reassurance that im doing a daft thing i suppose.. all this is a little scary for me, and being a long way from home doesnt help either..

would love to know what you think..

Sorry for going on and on and on, just needed to spill it out :) xxxx :hug:

Sounds like a fantastic plan - my only reservation would be that you don't know how you're going to be feeling from 30 - 34 weeks. Shouldn't be a problem but I'd check what will happen if you're off sick (i.e. will you be able to defer and complete the course at a later date or will you lose your £1000).

xxx

eta. have you checked to see if you can do the course through work? I know that sometimes if you work in an academic setting you can get certain courses free and they love staff development and things?

no, i have checked that, they dont want me doing that, cos its a full time course 9 till 5. They said if im not well, i can take the course at a different date, so its good to know..

sounds like you have it all planned out xx

Sounds like a good plan if you wont be too tired :)
The 2 week rest period will help too i reckon.

It sounds great. If you don't mind me asking how much would you expect to earn? I'm quite interested in doing it myself.

It sounds great. If you don't mind me asking how much would you expect to earn? I'm quite interested in doing it myself.

iya, depending on where you work, £15 is the minimum you get , in colleges and universities you can get up to £25 - £30 per hour..

sounds like a good idea to me hun, again like others say it will all depend on how you feel, i had to finish work at 33 weeks after a week off sick due to severe spd i couldnt even move let alone walk

Lou
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"