What do you think of Zion?

Tiffany05

Reaction score
My husband and I like the name Zion if our baby is a boy. We were thinking Zion James or Zion David. Zion is from the bible meaning heaven or highest point. It is often referred to as Mount Zion. My parents, though, absolutely hate it since Zion is a place and not someone's name. What do you think? I plan to nickname him Zi (long "I"). If we have a girl, we are going to name her Claire Lynn or Clare Lynn. The baby is going to be a surprise, though. :D Our other two little ones are named Elijah and Faith.

Its ok, that Bob Marley song just popped into my head tho 'Iron, Lion Zion' :wacko:. I like Zane, that's similar :shrug:. Ultimately though, if you like the name and meaning then thats all that matters :thumbup:

The name reminds me of a lion. As the other lady said though it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks aslong as you like it that's all that matters! :)

DD goes to school with a Zion and it seems to work fine. I never had any weird feeling from it.

Thanks for the replies! I never heard of the Bob Marley song, so I'll have to check that out. Good to know! I have a feeling we may end up naming him Zion (if he is a "him") since it is the only name my hubby and I agreed on thus far. He is kind of picky when it comes to names. Okay, really picky! Lol.

It's gorgeous and unique. I would def go for it. Lauren hill too has a song called Zion after her son-'now the joy of my world is in Zion' :)

I like it! It works well with sibs too. Elijah, Faith and Zion!

Really like Zion David!

I love it! Unique and very tasteful in my opinion. I also think LO would wear that name proudly as he got older.

I too think of the song, I don't think it'll get any negativity so if you like it go for it!

I love Biblical Names but for some Reason I just can't picture this on a child. Although saying that its becoming quite common to name Kids after a specific Place So I don't see anything wrong with it but Its probably not a name I would chose its a bit too out there for me personally But if you love it then go for it x

another quick thought I just had would be If your child ever become resentful of the biblical Connection because thats the first thing I thought of when I saw it. Im not saying thats a bad thing though just a thought if you child never grew up to be Specifically religious x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->