What do you think this is?

kls9503

Reaction score
First some back story. LO is 9 months old and we are in the US. After about 1 month of breastfeeding we had to change to formula. We started giving him the Enfamil premium (yellow can). At around 6 weeks of age he was downing 6 ounces and still very fussy wanting more formula but he kept spitting it up. I knew this was too much formula for his little tummy so after speaking to the pediatrician he was swapped to Enfamil gentlease (purple can). He started doing a little better with his feedings but still didn't act like he was satisfied. At around 4 months of age he started having explosive diarrhea. 12 to 14 diapers a day. He was swapped to nutramigen and it didn't help. Pediatrician suspected milk allergy so he was changed to soy formula. He finally stopped having diarrhea when he was started on enfamil prosobee (green can). When we started solids he had allergic reaction to squash and Hawaiian delight.

For the past two months LO has had red bumps on his cheeks. A few single ones here and there on his chest, arms and legs. We haven't changed detergent, soaps or lotions. At his 9 month check up, pedi prescribed a hydrocortisone cream to use for 10 days. The red spots are not any better. We have an appointment with an allergy doctor on friday and a dermatologist in 2 weeks.

I just wanted to ask if any of you have had similar pimples on your baby's face? Here is a pic of his cheek today.

https://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj178/kpoohbear28/20170821_123108.jpg

Is there a food he has every day? Could be a mild reaction if they're not going away. I had very bad eczema from an allergy I developed in my early 20s that wouldn't go completely until I changed my diet

My first had a permanent red rash on her face, bodily eczema and weird soft poop for about a year before I realised they were all linked and started her on a probiotic. I still don't know for sure what was wrong, but EVERYTHING went away after about a month, and I suspect the skin problems stemmed from some sort of imbalance in her gut. I'd try an infant probiotic as a first step for your LO - certainly won't do any harm, even if it doesn't help. :)

Looks similar to baby acne that my son had. He had spots over his cheeks and chin, some were almost blister like which are like the picture. It took till almost a year before it fully went away. He has eczema too so his skin isn't fully clear but he no longer has the big patches of spots. I'll try find a picture of him for you to see x

ETA: Not the clearest picture but in rl it was very similar to your lo x

Attachments

• received_10156575787120551.jpg
    received_10156575787120551.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 8
Thanks for all of your replies. The only thing he gets everyday would be his soy formula. I know 50 percent of babies of who have milk intolerance have soy intolerance too so I've thought it could be the problem. He doesn't really care for much baby food or table food so some days he just has his bottles and that's it. We couldn't even do any kind of juice because they all gave him bad diarrhea. I haven't thought about trying a probiotic! I'll look into giving him one. Our pedi told us that the soy usually makes babies constipated and he still has soft bms. It doesn't take much to upset his tummy, so it's definitely worth a try.

My daughter is allergic to dairy but not soy, she never had a skin rash like that. She doesn't get constipated, her main symptoms are soft poop and lots of wind and vomit.

I think the skin issue is probably different from the bowel issues. Typically allergy related skin problems are more like a rash rather than spots.

I second what meep said about a probiotic. I've heard lots of good things (for some reason it didn't work for my daughter though)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->