what do you think?

kookie

pregnant with no 4
Reaction score
theres sooo many opinions on weaning and im a bit confused Tylers 4 1/2 months he's started waking twice through the night for feeds. He watches us eat and opens his mouth if you approach him with a spoon. He's a big boy he's 17lb now could he be ready? i was all for witing till 6 months but if he's hungry i should start shouldnt i?

Don't you start my heads battered :lol:

Do you get any freebies over there with baby companies? I got a HIPP pack with free samples, weaning advice & weaning menu :D

Ah you can print it too ...

https://www.hipp.co.uk/weaningchart/

Might be worth a look - I've not read mine yet

sorry lol na we dont thanks for the link x

Juleika wakes 3 times a night (during the period from 8pm to 8am though) and either she eats to less @ daytime or I should get the weaning going again!

I've started already, but dropped it as I had the impression the milk was sufficient again!

but now she does this opening her mouth widely when next to my cheek thing again, as if she wants to bite inside or latch on!

does she think my cheek is my boob?

I think he could be ready. I started weaning Ryan this week on HV's advice. He'd started waking in the night, and was taking a 6oz bottle every 2 hours during the day :o He was also really unsettled throughout the day, and often, we just couldn't stop him from crying by doing ANYTHING, it was really frustrating. His opinions so far; Baby rice - Yuck; Apple - Yum; Carrot - Yum, but gets it all over his face (and it stained lol). Maybe see your HV/doctor/whoever about it? x

tried baby rice he was not at all impressed by it lol

Not many babies do like baby rice, i think its cos its so bland and tasteless... I used to mush the gluten free rusks up with his milk and give him that.. xx

Ryan loves banana too, that seems to be a popular one. Gave him a big piece of it and he gummed it to death lol. Now there's banana mush everywhere! x

lol Oli hates baby rice too! He loves the Heinz fruit and yoghurt brekefast! Loves carrot, apple, mash and brocolli. Don't think hes made up his mind about banana yet! Kookie its your choice, if u think he's ready go for it, it wont do him any harm and you can always stop if you decide after starting perhaps he isnt ready cus they change from one day to the next. sounds to me like hes ready though. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->