What do you think?

Cat

Reaction score
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/07032007/397/woman-weighing-42st-die-0.html

Leave her to die I say.

Recieved no help after suffering PND! They bloody paid for her to stay at the priory! if she really wanted the help she would have accepted the offer of a psychiatric unit but I guess thats not as good as the priory.

People like this make me so angry, she has been offered help and done nothing, her husband is a chef, and she cant get out of bed, so why isnt he helping to control what she is eating!!!! What a waste of NHS funding Grrrr!!!!!!!!!!

I totally 100% agree with you Cat. If the NHS paid for her to go to the priory at £5000 a week !!!!!! then she cant say she hasnt had any help. Think it is a total cop out and think the NHS are totally right to tell her to lose weight!

I wouldn't want to leave her to die - after all am not sure what is the underlying problem but she does need to help herself.

I wouldn;t want any human being left to die :| Although this story kinda screams to me if shes not going to help herself whats the point?

"She has since refused her local health authority's offer of a psychiatric unit to help her lose weight."

Bloody hell leaving her to die is a bit harsh. She certainly has underlying issues, and if she has refused psychiatric help can't they find a clause under the Mental Health Act to section her?

Leave her to die??? Bit OTT?!

Kx has get the right idea abou the mental act ... but saying leave someone to die is a bit harsh in my opinion, nobody good or bad "Deserves" to die.
The Woman has got under lying issues and obveously needs help ... if you have depression/mental health issues that person sometimes cannot be trusted to make there own desisions regarding there own health.

I think she is being selfish! she is a mother to 4, if she cared so much then she would take any help offered. i say leave her!

Ok correct me if i am wrong but doesn't this quote contradict itself??
Four years ago, the NHS paid for her to stay in the exclusive £5000-a-week Priory clinic for three months and she went from 35 stones to 28 stones.
However, Mrs Mevsimler claims the weight piled back on after the funding was withdrawn. She has since refused her local health authority's offer of a psychiatric unit to help her lose weight.
She said: "I suffered from postnatal depression and I never got any help or support with it," adding that she has not had any support from her GP or the NHS.
She herself says the NHs is leaving her to die, what more can they do??? in my opinion she is incredibly selfish and doesn't deserve thousands of pounds spending on her as she is not prepared to help herself
as stated above she lost 7 stone then piled it back on and more
surley the Priory isn't going to let them lose weight without getting to the root of the problem, i think saying she has had no help for PND is a cop out, c'mon she is 42stone after losing weight, the easy thing to do is stop eating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know some people have issues with food but i think she is taking the piss to be honest

i agree with everyone with what they have said, if she is not going to help her self well its her own fault but the nhs has tried to help her, but leaving her to die is really harsh i think.

I dont think its harsh, she is basically slowly commiting suicide really, and its her choice. If they consider her to be mentally unstable they can commit her, but if she is in her right mind they cant, so there is only oh so much you can do for someone like that. Perhaps by saying they are going to do nothing else to help her she will realise she needs to do something herself. You cant help someone who wont help themselves!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->