What do you use for teething?

Faerie

Proud Mummy
Reaction score
Sofia is super miserable at the moment, near impossible to get her to feed and today I resorted to expressing and spoon feeding her milk, she was so dehydrated.

I have an amber necklace for her, no idea if it helps or not but she's wearing it.

I was looking for something to put on her gums, was in Germany today and normally they're really good for natural products but all I found was gels full of crap.

What are you guys using? I've heard of Camillosan (just goggled it and realised it's by Weleda, which is German, weird), is it any good? Anything else? I have a teething ring you put in the fridge but Sofia chews on the ring part and not on the cold gel filled bits :dohh:

Never tried those, we won't use the gels or teething tablets though. Our teething tablets are natural and homeopathic but I still won't use them...they aren't closely monitored since they are homeopathic.

But the teething necklace has worked amazingly for Hayden. Also taking a wet wash cloth and put it in the freezer and let her chew on that.

Same as above. Amber teething necklace and frozen washcloth or teether.

I have kamillosan, is that the same thing? Didn't know you could use it for teething, we use it for skin things. I use Nelsons 'Teetha' powders, its chamomilla, here's the website

https://www.teetha.co.uk/Teetha_pg3.aspx

I have also tried Ashtons powders, but prefer the Nelsons.

I use teethers that go in the fridge, but like you I have trouble getting Freya to chew the right bit. I have also tried getting a bottle of cooled boiled water, getting it really sold in the fridge and letting her chew on that - that's her favourite, but not the same if you're BF.

:hugs:

Also, the others have said a washcloth, I do the same thing with a muslin. Absorbs the copious amounts of dribble pretty well too! I don't wet it, just put it in the fridge as it is. :)

Thanks girls, and I meant Chamomilla - doh! I don't think I'd try the kamillosan in case she ingested it, we use that for mouth sores etc.

Can't get nelsons powder or anything like that here, think I'll have to go online. I'll try the wash cloth/muslin idea though, she loves chewing on her muslin as it is. Actually, she just loves chewing full stop!

If you like I can send you some Nelsons powders in the post - got to be cheaper than online? I just get them form Boots. :)

awww no poor sofia!! we have a tooth poking through at the moment!! ( i cant believe it! she has little whit bit on her bottom gum!!) but all we've been doing is letting her chew on our fingers lots and holding teethers to her gums, i was gonna try those powders but they all look like they are full of crap!! and unfortunately she cant hold teethers to get mouth herself so we havre to do it for her :hugs: hope she's feeling better soon

sara

xxxxx

The Weleda one is all natural hun, look out for that if she gets really bad. Basically it's chamomile!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->