What do you use to store/freeze milk?

mara16jade

Mommy of 2 little boys
Reaction score
There are a ton of products out there, and I'm curious which method you use? Bag or container, and which brand. :flower:

What size bag or container do you recommend?

Thanks!

I use Lansinoh or Nuk bags that hold about 180 ml I think. These are the most value where I live, and I love them.

I just lay them flat to freeze so that they freeze and thaw more quickly than if it was standing up, then you can 'file' them according to date this way.

I use Lansinoh or Nuk bags that hold about 180 ml I think. These are the most value where I live, and I love them.

I just lay them flat to freeze so that they freeze and thaw more quickly than if it was standing up, then you can 'file' them according to date this way.

Same here!

I used Medela bags. No particular reason I chose that brand over another, I think they were generally just the cheapest.

They were 5oz bags but I never filled them more than 3oz to avoid wasting milk.

I also used lansinoh bags. Didn't think of lying them down. Though last time. Great tip thanks

Same here!

Yep, i do this too - chose lansinoh as it was cheapest

I use Avent bottles. It might be an expensive way of doing it but my sister had heaps that she has passed on to me so I haven't actually bought many myself.

I use the wal mart brand parent's choice bags. They were the cheapest ones I could find and I've used them with two children without a leak.

I use the purple lid sterifeed bottles mainly because tbey fit the medela breast pump and I was given loads so easy to pump and sfore straight away. And re usable :) x

I used the Lansinoh bags, that brand because they were cheapest and bags because we have a small freezer and they took up less space.

I do the same with these bags.

I use the Target Up&Up brand ones. They were thicker than lansinoh. That was all I compared them too though. I'd heard good reviews of the Target ones from the NICU my baby girl is in. So far I'm really pleased with the quality. I exclusively pump at this point so I've already went through a ton of them (8-10 a day)! I also store flat to freeze.

Thanks for the recommendation BM, will check out that brand after I use up my Lansinoh bags :thumbup:

Supermarket's own brand ones, although I have to confess I've used them much more for elderflower cordial and chicken stock than breastmilk :D They're a handy size!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->