what do your meals consist of?

zebbed89

mummy to mollie & wtt
Reaction score
I'm starting dieting on monday once I do my food shop! I need to loose weight mainly for me but also a medical condition! So I'm just being nosey as to what foods you have in a day meals and snacks and what type of diet you are on? Sorry for the questions and thanks in advance for any answers xx

I use alot of the following I'm on slimming world I've lost five stone so far

frylight
eggs
beans
bacon with the fat trimmed of
extra lean mince
quorn
onions
soup mix
stock
nimble bread
pasta
passata

I snack on yogurts fruit and rivita minis

I'm doing Weight watchers.

For breakfast I usually have silver dollar pancakes (WW recipe) and turkey bacon or an egg. Sometimes I have a WW bagel instead though with the turkey bacon/egg and an apple.

Lunch is generally a sandwich & fruit

Dinner can be anything really but we eat a lot of chicken. :lol: Last night we had chicken, mushrooms and spinach cooked in teriyaki sauce and chicken broth served over brown rice and quinoa. Tonight we're having hamburgers and okra "fries"

I eat about 1600 calories a day, which a good target if you're also active and/or larger. Here is what I eat in detail most days. If I also have a good workout, then I'll allow myself some extra fruit or a small sweet snack (flourless peanut butter cookies, dark chocolate). I cook everything with either a little bit of olive oil or some cooking spray. You can easily tweak this to lower the calories too, because it is a whole lot of food. Somedays I don't even make it through all of it. The most important thing to me is making sure I eat my whole veggies, whole fruit, and dairy. I do not drink anything sugary, including fruit juice. And I weigh and measure everything.

Breakfast:
- 1 large egg + 1/4 cup egg whites
- 3 slices of turkey bacon
- 1 english muffin or 2 slices of light bread with a tiny bit of margarine

Lunch
- 3 oz or turkey or chicken
- 2 cups romaine
- 1 cup cucumber
- 2 T light dressing
- 1 cup fruit

Dinner
- 6 oz of turkey or chicken
- 1 cup steamed veggies
- 1 cup milk
- 1-2 slices of light bread with a little margarine.

Snacks
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup fruit
- 2oz string cheese
- 1 oz almonds

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member