what does an amber teething necklace do?

mummy_em

2 boys 2 girls perfect
Reaction score
as the title says really what are they for sorry to sound silly but i had never heard of them before thankyou xx

I think the basic gist is that they warm on LOs skin and give of an analgesic effect. I think they vibrate ever so slightly too. My DD has hers back on today as the last 4 biggies are on their way....:|

When warmed by the skin, it releases succinic acid, and it's supposed to be an analgesic :shrug: I don't know how sound the science is behind it but it's been used for centuries and tbh, I think it's actually worked with Emma- her teething is no where near as bad as some babies.

agreed - Hebe's teeth havent been a problem at all and I attribute the necklace :)

Hannah's a bad teether (always has been) and the necklace does help but she's still cranky/moody/whiny when teething :lol: just not AS cranky/moody/whiny as she is without the necklace......now if I could just figure out where she hid the darn thing

:cry: It's true, been looking for two weeks and am starting to think she threw it out *sigh* just in time for another round with the big molars :dohh:

I used to sell loads of them where I used to work. I have 3 of them for our future baby (due feb 22 with #3) My DD just wears it as a necklace. They say if you warm it in the sun first too it will work even better. I am willing to try it.

:cry: It's true, been looking for two weeks and am starting to think she threw it out *sigh* just in time for another round with the big molars :dohh:

yeah I got it back out yesterday coz I think the big back 4 are finally coming now......

so do you ladies leave these neclaces on all the time or just for a couple of hours? also what age do you use them just as soon as you think there teething? - sorry to sound thick x

I leave Emma's on 24/7 since I know she can pull it off (and if somehow it got snagged on something, I know it would also come off) but some people take them off at night or put them on the ankle overnight. We've had ours since Emma was about 2 mths old and started to show signs of teething.

Is it possible to get them as bracelets/anklets instead? xx

yes i saw some braclet ones today i will find a link hold on

https://www.ambersoothe.co.uk/#/our-necklaces/4524588742

thankyou ladies for all your help your all great xx

so do you ladies leave these neclaces on all the time or just for a couple of hours? also what age do you use them just as soon as you think there teething? - sorry to sound thick x

I'm one of the ones who took it off at night :) but left it on all throughout the day. She wore it when she seemed off or extra cranky to me (which for a good long time was pretty much every day ;))

When warmed by the skin, it releases succinic acid, and it's supposed to be an analgesic :shrug: I don't know how sound the science is behind it but it's been used for centuries and tbh, I think it's actually worked with Emma- her teething is no where near as bad as some babies.

wss^^

Is it possible to get them as bracelets/anklets instead? xx

Personally i wouldn't get a bracelet instead of a necklace. The closer it is to the area of discomfort the better. Some people buy the bracelets to use at night though in place of the necklace they use during the day :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->