What does baby on your bladder feel like?

MeaganMackenz

Reaction score
What exactly does it feel like for those who KNOW they don't have a uti and that it is the baby.

I'm fairly good at picking out utis, I have a strong constant urge to go when I usually don't.

This feels different. I'll get a quick urge to go and it'll pass. Usually happens if I get up, shift how I'm sitting or lying down etc. Rest of the time I'm fine. I really think she's low low down cuz I'm peeing way more then I was a few weeks ago, like the last 2 nights I've gotten up to go 3 or 4 times. Actually had to go, so that's why I'm not leaning towards uti.

I am leaning forward to empty my bladder as best I can, and I'm on antibiotics for strep. Well, technically I'm finishing them. Started talking them and quit half way through only to realize that was probably stupid and start them 2 days later. Yes I know, bad Meagan bad.

Does this sound like anyone else who knows the baby has camped out on the bladder?

Also, side note, my boobs are like crazy leaking today. Between the peeing and the boobs I'm remembering why I hate the third trimester haha.

I know what you mean, I find sometimes when baby is pressing down on my bladder it can feel similar to a uti. Like that urge to pee all the time is there and when I go there's very little if anything, then if he shuffles back up a bit or moves around it goes. I know I don't have one though as I get tested at every appointment.

To me uti is constant urge and when baby is on my bladder is a "holy crap I'm going to pee myself" all of a sudden with tickle, sting that doesn't last long because she moves quickly.

I feel sudden urge to pee that will pass in few seconds, I imagine her using my bladder as a trampoline. Lol
Other times I just need to pee and it will not pass and then I pee only a little. In a bit again. And again. I dont have uti as get tested so often.

I never really felt anything different other than the fact that I had to pee a lot more. The only way I knew that he was sitting on my bladder was when I went in for my sonograms and she told me so.

I feel totally like I have a UTi when he is on my bladder and usually a minute or so later it goes away. A great example was a mile and a half walk in Philadelphia we did where every other block it was HAVE TO PEE! Oh, I'm fine, ok let's walk faster now :) needless to say, that was a long walk :)

I hate the not knowing if it's the baby or not lol. It would be nice to have an ultrasound machine lying around to see if I'm full of Bologna lol

I went to the doctor last week to rule out a UTI. I have had several in the past so I have a good idea what they feel like, with the UTI it was a constant uncomfortable pain. I feel that pain now but it's more of a pain in my bladder instead of lower and it's not constant. I definitely don't have a UTI and my doctor told me that it was just where my baby was positioned. Sometimes certain positions (bending over hurts) will make my bladder hurt. She told me that along with the pressure from my bladder being kicked or pushed on, it is also common for bladder spasms which can be painful. If i were you I'd get it checked just in case, then you won't have to worry about it getting worse and leading to a kidney infection, plus uti's suck ;)

This is how I feel 99% of the time... :rofl:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 2
I'm on antibiotics as it is, so if I have a uti it's on its way out. 5.5 day finish up course of penicillin. I see my Dr on Monday, I'll start asking her to do urine routinely as it's not something she's done thus far. She waits for me to tell her somethings up. She also will test me without an apt, I just drop by give a sample and they call me.

I really do think it's a combo of drinking lots of fluids and the baby. It's just not constant enough to be a uti. I plan to ask my Dr about this on Monday regardless lol.

My bladder area either burns or I suddenly feel like I need to pee but then in suddenly stops. These days when I'm in bed and suddenly feel like peeing I wait on it lol getting out of bed is a hassle!

You can buy otc UTI test strips. Also not all antibiotics treat UTI so be sure to have your doc check it out. For me the feeling is much different. Baby on bladder is a sharper pain if my bladder is fuller but UTI (I get them chronically) is more of a burning and isn't fuly relieved after peeing. Since baby moves, the pressure on my bladder also changes but UTI I just have cramping and constant urgency. Good luck!

^^ that's pretty much how it is for me. I don't get the burning with the uti but I get the sense of always needing to go, whether or not I just went.

We don't have test uti strips here, if we did I'm hoping I'd know and have hundreds on hand lol.

I plan to stop by my Dr on Friday to grab a sample cup for Monday. Takes the pressure off having to go at my Dr's or having to hold it until my apt lmao.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->