What does (eg) 25m IU mean on a test

Secret_k

Reaction score
Iv seen a lot of people saying that there pregnancy tests are (then some numbers) what does that mean?

Eg 25m IU of sensitivity??

It means that you need to have 25 units of pregnancy hormone (per ml I think) to be detected by the test - if you are pregnant.

The lower the number, the more sensitive the test. So a 25mlu test is more sensitive than a 50mlu test for example.

:)

Oooo I didn't no that lol thank you!
I done a test about 2 weeks 3 days after the date of my missed period an I used a test that was 25mlu an I literally had a wee (or a dribble as I'd just been lol) stood up and there it was the 2 darkest lines - I have a scan on Monday to see how far I am but I'm guessing I would have been 6 weeks at the time of the test would it come up that quick and dark that soon?

Yep it could well do! Everyone's hormones double at different times - by 6 weeks you could easily have been in the 100's or 1000's - so it could well come up that quickly even with a dribble!! Especially with a test only looking for 25mlu :)

Congratulations!! And good luck with the dating scan :)

Ah thanks so much for your help and thank you :) I'm so scared but can't wait :))

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->