What does every else get your kids?

CaptainMummy

Reaction score
Just being nosey!
My girls get gifts from my mum, older sister and younger sister, their dads mum and his sister.

That's really it, so not from a huge number of people, but omg they get loads! My mum and big sister always ask if there is anything they need/want and if I tell them something, they go with that. My sister was telling me last night that she has bought Hannah a piano with microphone thing, Ella a wooden vanity table, and she was about to buy Paige the huge Sylvanian families house but i talked her into the smaller one! She will also get them pyjamas and books.
My mum will also get them a good quality gift, as well as an outfit and some sweets. She always manages to think of something different but is always really successful in buying things they love!
My younger sister also buys them clothes each, and a toy.

Their nanny always gives £50 each for them and we buy the gifts with that and wrap them up for her.
Their aunties on his side usually give them a fiver each and chocolates/selection boxes etc.

So yeah, they get loads!!

What do your family get for your kids?

My kids get money from my husbands parents and his grandma, so we buy them something they want or need and have it be from them, and they get something from our next door neighbour and thats it. It's good they don't get from anyone else in a way as we don't have room for much more stuff!

(per DD)
My mum and dad spend £25
My sisters (x3) spend no more than £20
My Grandad - £25 cash
Cousin 1 - Outfit/books/chocolate
Cousin 2 + uncle - £5 and selection box
OH Grandma - spends £15
OH nanna - £10 giftcard
OH's friend + GF - Selection box

OH's parents/sisters/other family - Nothing. As of this year.

My Daughter gets presents from ;

- Us , of course
- Father Christmas
- My Mum
- My Dad
- My Uncle and his wife
- Both of my Nan's
- Approx 6/7 of my friends (we all buy for each other's children and a couple of my friends without children tend to buy her something little too).

She gets plenty!

None of my husband's family buy her anything .They never have done and never will. They all live abroad and to be fair, we don't buy for them either.

My girls will get presents off -

Father Christmas
A small present off each other
Mil and Fil
Hubby's brother
My brother and sil
My auntie and uncle
My godmother
One of my friends

Mine get a car full, I have almost had to leave my husband out to fit the kids presents in my car!
I have been given dozens of massive presents without anyone asking me first, the kids love it but my house does not, lol.

There are my parents, nan, sister, aunts and uncles x 4, cousins x 4 and on my husband side there is his mum, dad, nan x 2, brother x 2, sister. Plus family friends, plus baby group friends.

My sons and daughter get presents from:

My mom and dad, they have spent £30 on each of their 8 grandchildren (my 4 and my brothers 4 children) they have bought Jake & Joe a huge Nerf gun they wanted, Isaac the Toot Toot Drivers airport and a talking soft toy and Lily the Little People Winter Carriage and Brenda the Blender from Bing

My brother and his husband-They are giving us some money to take them out for Christmas, this is really thoughtful and much appreciated.

My brother and sister in law - They usually ask what they would like and usually spend around £20-25, which again is really thoughtful as they have their own 4 children.

My mother in law-she doesn't have a lot if money this year though, so probably wouldn't be able to, we will give her a hamper of food that we will put together ourselves as she is diabetic.

That's it really, this is probably why I do buy so much, their friends tend ti get lots from extended family

My girls get presents from me and their dad (not together), my parents , exs mum, exs dad, my sister , exs 4 sisters, my three sets of auntie and uncles and a couple of friends. They get so much which is why I try not to go mad !

We used to exchange gifts with so many people we have a massive family so we kind of all agreed we'd not do it as we were buying for the sake of buying each other's kids. My kids receive off immediate family of grandparents and my brother and Hubbies sister. It was getting beyond a joke before.

My boys get presents off:
Grandma and granddad (my parents)
Their uncle and his wife (my brother)
Their great auntie (my auntie)
Money from great grandma which I usually spend and buy a present with (my grandma)
Older sister and get fiancee (partners daughter)
Uncle and auntie (partners brother)

Partner also has another brother and sister but they never bother. His parents are no longer around.

In terms of presents they tend to ask and get what I say (auntie usually goes as far as asking me to buy for her!). My ds1 is particularly difficult to buy for and although I don't think he means to tends to come across as quite rude when given something unexpected that he is not really in to that it is easier to just get him what he does like! Saves the house being full of things they are not overly keen on as well.
Have in the past got a large present and all put money in, we have trampoline and slide in the garden and looking to get ds2 a climbing dome this year.

We get gifts for Gracie from:

-My mum and dad
-My OHs mum and dad
-My sister
-OHs sister, BIL and nieces
-My papa
-OHs gran

Last year we got bits and pieces from other family members and some of our friends, but she was still tiny and I have lost track of what was an actual Christmas present and what was late baby presents!

I'm really grateful of anything but she really gets loads!

My brother usualy spends about £50 per kid, way too much in my opinion because it's usualy me guessing at what they would like rather than what they want. He wants to be " the cool uncle", he is the only uncle they have. My mum usualy gets them a few small gifts, or a big gift depending on what ideas I have and will usualy give them £50 cash for their money boxes / spend in the sales. My aunts, usualy give a small gift or money. My nan always gives money.
OHS mum usualy buys a truck load of toys each, plus a stocking full of sweets and chocolates ( we still have chocolate from last christmas), she will often pop some money in a card for them aswell. OHS sister usualy gets an outfit or some money on a gift card for them. Almost forgot, OHS mum makes us a family food hamper with teats for the kids, and always hides an envelope in the bottom, with a family money gift, we usualy spend it on the kids. Our dog also buys each kid a present. Usualy a smallish toy. Then they get presents from me and OH, and Santa, of course.

My mom tries to get them stuff they need. This year she is getting them a bed comforter set and snow boots. She will also probably get them a toy.

My inlaws will get a variety of toys (3-4 probably) and just as many books.

My sister will likely get him a toy in the $20 range.

I have a bil too which I have no idea what he will do, probably a small gift.

Dh grandparents will send a bit of money and his aunt will send a toy off Amazon.

Oh, and I have a friend who will get him something as well. I think this year she's getting him a tractor of some sorts.

Besides me and Santa, dd gets a gift (or 2 or 3 LOL) from my parents and something from my sister. Last year one of my nieces also bought her a gift.

My boys get a bag of presents from Mil each. There's are usually pj's, a book, chocolate and/nuts and another gift specifically for them rather than matching their brothers. My brother in law gets them a gift each. Sil will either get a small gift or put money in a card if she can afford to do either (we tell her not to worry but she does) her daughter usually gets a gift as well but she's getting married next year so we've told her not to. There's a lot of us! And then my mum gets them a few bits each.

Mine get loads too.

Mummy and Daddy
Nanny and Grandad (my parents-buy loads inc clothes and pjs)
Auntie E (my sisters-buys loads)
Nanny M (my nan-buys bits and pieces about £20each)
Nanny M (my other nan-gives me money to buy and wrap)
Auntie and Uncles (my side x6)

OH Mum (toy and clothes/money)
OH Sister (usually a gift card)
OH also has 4 other brothers and it debends year on year what they get if anything.

My mum and dad around £30-40
Mil and fil around £30/40
My sister around £20
Around 4 of OH's siblings will buy them something anywhere from £10-25
OH's grandparents may give them some money.
My brother might buy them something £10ish

DS gets 10 gifts from family, my parents, my 2 brothers, my nana, my 3 uncles, FIL, SIL and BIL all buy him something. And a neighbour usually gives him a mini selection box and annual. We also do a family pass the parcel at my parents' house instead of giving each other presents so he gets a parcel at that too.

I know so far that he'll be getting;
Giant Imaginext Megazord from my parents, (€20 ebay)
Imaginext Explorer Ship from one of my brothers, (€15 Gumtree)
Imaginext Hall of Justice from FIL, (€20 ebay)
And an Ugglys Pug as his pass the parcel gift. (Actually can't wait for all the farting and burping fun at the dinner table!) (€1 charity shop)

My boys get off
my mum (£100 each or something to that value)
my dad (football skip or money)
oh mum (£50ish gift which i now suggest or she buys them £50 of tat)
oh dad (£20 money)
my brother and gf (£30 cash or gift i suggest)
oh sis and husband (£15ish cash or gift)
my aunts x3 - usually dvd, selection box or token gift

I pick the kids gifts from everyone ! They obviously ask... I don't just demand haha. They just give me the budget =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->