What does every else get your kids?

MIL goes way overboard and they each get a massive pile of presents.

They have five aunties/uncles on DH's side and two aunties on my side so get gifts from them.

They get a gift each from my dad.

They get a small gift from DHs nan and from DHs own aunties and uncles.

They get plenty!

We don't have a huge family but he still manages to get what seems like a ludicrous amount of toys.
My mum and two sisters buy for him. I usually give them something off my list upto about £20-£30. My mum just buys all kinds, she loves watching him open gifts so she buys LOADS of little things (drives me mad, I tell her they're staying at her house every year :lol:)
A couple of my mums friends/neighbours will buy him something.
My friend buys for him every year and so do my work colleagues so that's another four people.
Then there's OH's aunties who usually club together, and OH's dad and step-mum will get him something.

I dread to think how much he gets when he goes to his Dad's on boxing day too. It's a wonder how he still manages to find toys he wants!

Rio gets too much. Everyone has spoke about cutting back this year but we say it every year and nobody actually does!

My mum & stepdad - usually £100 or so budget spent on toys
My dad - £100 cash
MIL & FIL - ridiculous amounts. No idea what they are getting this year but as an example last year they paid £200 for an electric ride on car and he probably had about £150 of gifts on top of that!
SIL - around £50 usually a toy and an outfit.
My aunt - random toys usually not age appropriate
Cousins - £20 off each one so £40
My uncle - £70 budget this year. He's got him the Kiddizoom duo and accessories.
My grandparents - £50 and some stocking filler gifts such as cars and pyjamas.

Luckily this year we are really cutting back on Rio's pile so hopefully he won't have TOO much. Cash gifts are always good as I tend to go to the after Christmas clothes sales and kit him out with those and save some for a bit into the year where he can go and choose a new toy.
Really hoping MIL will ask what I want for him so I can try and talk her out of buying so much. I really have no room!!

My 2 get off my mum and dad, they normally get pj's, an outfit, bath stuff and a toy or 2 for between £20 amd £30 each (cutting back this year due to mine and OH's wedding next year).
My sister - she is also meant to be cutting down but has got a budget of £50 each for them plus clothes. She has got Scarlett a Peppa Pig trike, a doll and a dog, a Peppa Pig coat and also will get her pjs and dressing gown. She's got Alex a tmnt mikey toy, shea getting the fungus amungus truck thing and probably nerf gun, she's also got him a jacket and jeans and will probably get a jumper (she has a thing about jumpers for him).
MIL - she buys loads of clothes for them (we arent buying any this year)
FIL - gives us £20 for them each so we buy something and wrap it up off him.
SIL, BIL×2 just gets them something small
OH's cousins just get them something small
OH's aunty and uncle gets them pjs or a top

I pick the kids gifts from everyone ! They obviously ask... I don't just demand haha. They just give me the budget =)

That would be fab. People ask me but never tell me a budget so o feel awkward suggesting things and anything I do suggest they just ignore and get something different anyway

The boys get gifts from:
Us
Santa
Sister in law
Dh's parents
My parents
My grandparents
Dh's grandparents

They end up with way more toys than they know what to do with. LOL

My two get the majority of their gifts from us, Santa, and my mom (who sends us money and we spend it on gifts for the kids and wrap it for her).

They also get one gift each from my three closest friends (we buy for their kids to). DH's mom usually buys them 1-3 things as well, generally spends 10-25 per kid. His cousin buys a LOT for the kids. Like 3-5 things each. And his dad usually buys them books (which they love as they love books) and he usually buys a lot of them!

Way too much.

The boys gets presents from:

My parents
My sister
My brother
My other brother
My aunt
A cousin (like an extra sibling)
My best friend (a godparent)
Inlaws
BIL
OH's aunt
OH best friend (a godparent)
Another Godparent
Another godparent
Our childcare provider

It's a lot but some are just small presents like a book or a jumper.

Mine get loads of everyone else which is is one of the reasons im trying so hard to not go mad this year. My mum and dad will buy them a main present each, usually around £60 then around 4 smaller presents each. OHs parents will buy them around 5 or 6 gifts each usually including clothes. They then get one present and an outfit of my grandma and OHs grandma normally gives them about £200 each. We normally buy them one gift each out of that then put the rest in their savings. They have 7 sets of aunts and uncles who will all buy them 1 or 2 gifts each, then i have 2 friends who will buy for them as well. Its far too much really, writting it down makes me realise just how much it is.

Mine will get them from us, santa, 2 sets of grandparents, godparents, great auntie and great grandparents. We don't have a big family but they always seem to end up with so many presents!

Thomas gets a gift from my aunt and uncle, my nanna, my 2 cousins and my bill & sil. And us of course. Usually clothes and some sort of car.

My parents and sister, both OH's parents (divorced so obviously they but separate ones), OH's sister, OH's nan and pop, OH's auntie, my auntie and uncle on my dad's side and my 2 cousins on my dad's side all buy for our kids at xmas. However, i'm going to ask my cousins if we can mutually agree to not buy for each other anymore. My parents and sister always go all out, I think they end up with more from them than us!!

Other than us
My brother sends cash sometimes but that's it lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"