What does Osama's Death mean for the world now??

I think the terrorist attacks now are going to be horrific :nope: I don't like to think about it!

One thing I'd like to point out though - is why did the american forces bury his body at sea :wacko: I understand they fear people may have used his burial ground as a shrine etc but I just think it's all a bit ''convenient'' iykwim? I don't mean to put a downer on it, or sound like a crazy conspiracy theorist but I think for what that man did, people deserve to see him truly gone x

I think they buried him at sea because no country would accept his body for burial. Islam beleives that the dead has to be buried within 24hrs of death.
I think they did a DNA test on the body first before disposing the body.

I beleive he is truely gone since you wouldn't be able to lie about something like that.. Osama would have his face in front of a camera but quick to make the Americans look like fools !

It's still all a little weird for me, DNA tests mean nothing to me as I don't have the scientific (or any) knowledge to know that it was in fact him and I'm sure the American government wouldn't hand over those details to anyone just to ''double check'' anyway!

There will always be people who beleive he's dead and also some who don't..

Unless the hung him in public like they did with Suddam Hussan there will always be dought.

"I will mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out Hate only love can do that." - Martin Luther King jnr

"I will mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out Hate only love can do that." - Martin Luther King jnr

This quote has been proven to be partially fake. It's circulating the internet like wildfire just now.

This quote has been proven to be partially fake. It's circulating the internet like wildfire just now.

Partially fake or not it makes perfect sense.

Apparently he was buried at sea to prevent his grave from becoming a sort of "Mecca" to terrorists/ muslim extremists to visit etc.

I hear that they are now considering releasing pictures of him after he was shot to prove he has been killed. IMHO people will either believe he is dead or they won't!

Partially fake or not it makes perfect sense.

It does make sense, but it shouldn't be attributed to MLK. Although that is something I could very well picture him saying :flower:

Apparently he was buried at sea to prevent his grave from becoming a sort of "Mecca" to terrorists/ muslim extremists to visit etc. I hear that they are now considering releasing pictures of him after he was shot to prove he has been killed. IMHO people will either believe he is dead or they won't!

I don't think muslims are permitted by their religion to ''idolise'' a place like that, so it doesn't really explain why they buried him at sea. I won't beleive it anyway until there's actual proof!

Apparently he was buried at sea to prevent his grave from becoming a sort of "Mecca" to terrorists/ muslim extremists to visit etc. I hear that they are now considering releasing pictures of him after he was shot to prove he has been killed. IMHO people will either believe he is dead or they won't!

I don't think muslims are permitted by their religion to ''idolise'' a place like that, so it doesn't really explain why they buried him at sea. I won't beleive it anyway until there's actual proof!

To be honest Muslim terrorists, while purporting to act in the name of Islam, are acting to so far outside what it means to be a Muslim that it is unlikely that their 'faith' would stop them idolising his burial ground. These people are not Muslims, they are extremists.

To be honest Muslim terrorists, while purporting to act in the name of Islam, are acting to so far outside what it means to be a Muslim that it is unlikely that their 'faith' would stop them idolising his burial ground. These people are not Muslims, they are extremists.

Agreed - that was the way I was thinking

I completely agree - but the government probably knew people would also assume this so not too many questions would be asked as to why they did what they did?

My OH is very well read and informed when it comes to the holes in the stories we are fed globally, and i have to say i'm beginning to feel he might have a point. He's suggested strongly that OBL isn't dead and in fact hasn't been found.

I truly believe he is dead and I am glad he is dead. Yes, there will be more terrorism with or without him, but you need to remember the one thing Osama is , he was very very intelligent and he did most of the planning for the operations, not many can do this,so yes in a way it will be hard for Al Qaeda to get someone of his intellect . He also was an engineer and he knew full well fuel oil from a jet would bring down those towers . It's not that easy to find a leader that is not only charismatic but also extremely intelligent. They say the supposed second in command Ayman al Zawahiri although very intelligent is not only charismatic but not well liked by a lot of the fighters, so it is not that easy to find someone of Osama's persona to lead these nuts. And it also lets them know no matter where they run to we will find them and one by one hunt them down until they stop killing not only Americans but every nationality including their own JMO :flower: They also have documents that more planes for terrorism were going to happen on the 9/11 memorial day and the Fourth of July and Christmas, I mean we as the people assumed it anyway we just didn't know where, now we know where they were planning to strike, they have more intelligence from this operation than in the history of seizing and capturing someone of his stature. And the have the day to day operations of the group. And I am sure they have much much more that we will never be told of .

So many differing stories out there that its hard to depict truth from the lies when it comes to the circumstances surrounding his death. I believe he should have been taken alive and held to rights for his actions. I know they feared what would happen in retaliation should he have been captured and imprisoned but there would have been repercutions either way and I fear killing him may have only fuelled the fire. This scares me :nope:

'An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind' - Gandhi

I am very very scared.

Are we justgoing to keep killing in retaliation forever? I can't see an end...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->