What does ovulation feel like for you? (Tmi)

Charmingstyli

Reaction score
Total noob here. Sorry :dohh:

I took clomid cycle days 5-9 to ovulate. (LMP aug 30) I've never ovulated in my life so I have no clue what i'm supposed to be looking out for. Decided not to opk or temp this first cycle. (what a mistake..) :wacko:

CD 13: dull cramping comes and goes ,creamy cm
CD 14: dull cramping comes and goes ,watery cm
CD 15: Nothing ,creamy cm
CD 16: dull cramping comes and goes ,watery cm
CD 17: Nothing , white stretchy cm
CD 18: Rythmic stabbing pain right side, followed by dull cramping. All of this went on for maybe 10 mins max ,white stretchy cm then went creamy

Now i'm CD 20 and have had nothing since except quite a bit of white creamy cm and a constant very dull cramping. so my assumption is I ovulated CD18.

What is ovulation like for you? Also, good luck to everyone during this TWW :hugs:

I usually get cramping when I ovulate, typically in the side that I ovulate on. Not everybody gets ovulation pain, however.

Fertility Friend recommends charting your CM as the most fertile CM you've seen that day. Eggwhite and Watery are both considered fertile types. After ovulation, CM typically dries up, though dry, sticky, and can all occur. BD'ing can affect your CM for up to 14 hours afterwards.

Ideally, you need to be tracking at least two fertility signs. You could track CM and cervix position/texture if you don't want to temp or use OPKs. I'm a fan of tracking as many signs as possible. :lol:

And I highly recommend the Fertility Friend app!

I normally get a crampy pain on my right or left side. This tells me for sure that I've ovulated. I had that pain this morning myself. I'm officially back in the TWW

Most women don't feel ovulation and have few to no ovulation symptoms other than fertile cm and a high soft cervix.
Only about 20% of women report ovulation pain of any sort.

Most months ovulating from the right I feel it and it ranges from mild pain and pressure to fairly strong pain and pressure that continuously gets worse until suddenly just stopping. This usually takes 5-12 hours.

From the left side I often don't feel anything or occasionally a few twinges or minor probing or pinching pains. Never anything as bad on left as right.
My ovulation pain 99% of the time correlates perfectly with a temp rise the next day. So that is when I am ovulating.
For some women they get pain before or after. Anywhere from a few hours to even a day or two one way or the other.
Ovulation pain alone cannot be trusted to guarantee you ovulated. Now mixed with cm, and cervix then maybe, but I always recommend bbt as it is the best way to truly confirm ovulation took place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->