What does your baby weigh? Please any one!

hwills41

Reaction score
At my 33w4d ultrasound she was weighing in at 4lb 2oz. I realize ultrasounds aren't completely accurate, but it just seems small to me. Is this an average weight for this gestation? The tech wasn't concerned, but compared to other people it just seems so small! She has been measuring 1 week behind since 18 weeks, so I guess it is normal for her...

What was yours around this time??

my dd was only weighng i believe 3 lbs something around 33 weeks, and was born at 40+6 weighing only 7lbs but with this boy he was measuring almost 4 lbs at 30 so who knows lol i think your LO sound good for her stage! Try not to worrie about it

She was estimated 5 lbs 6 oz at 34+2. But the estimates can be way off, so I wouldn't worry much

Hi everyone! At 33+6 my LO was estimated to be 4 lbs 10 oz, which was the 43rd percentile. Sounds like your LO (Hwills) is on track, just a little peanut like mine! Not everyone is big, lots of petite little girls out there, and me being 5'9", I quite like the idea of my daughter not having to be as "big" as me :) Just wanted to let you know that 4' 2oz at that stage is probably around 30th-40th percentile...and as others have said, these growth estimates can really be off. I read about babies being born as much as a lb and 1/2 off either direction. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy, hope everyone is feeling well tonight! :)

At 37+4 my lo weighed 6 pound 7, so for ur lo to weigh that at 33 weeks sounds great hun:)

Hi everyone! At 33+6 my LO was estimated to be 4 lbs 10 oz, which was the 43rd percentile. Sounds like your LO (Hwills) is on track, just a little peanut like mine! Not everyone is big, lots of petite little girls out there, and me being 5'9", I quite like the idea of my daughter not having to be as "big" as me :) Just wanted to let you know that 4' 2oz at that stage is probably around 30th-40th percentile...and as others have said, these growth estimates can really be off. I read about babies being born as much as a lb and 1/2 off either direction. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy, hope everyone is feeling well tonight! :)

Ahhh thanks so much! You reassured me :) Is your husband tall like you are? Mine is, so it is just so surprising that she is on the small side. I'm definitely OK with it, but just surprised :)

My little guy was 3 lb 10 oz at my 31 wk ultrasound so your lo is much bigger than mine and only a few weeks farther along...now i am wondering if i should be worried about my boy...

At 32+5 my little man already weighed 5 lbs 1 oz but as other ladies have said the ultrasound weight is usually off...

My bubs weighed 2.1kg at 33+3 weeks - I can't remember how to convert it into pounds or ounzes. Sorry! My friend's little man weighed 1.9kg at 33 weeks.

That sounds about right, my son was measuring 3lbs 11 ounces at 29 weeks, but he is measuring at about 32 weeks right now. Not to mention in the 90th percentile for 29 weeks. ... .. .. :blush: he's a chunk.

At 33+6 my baby weighed 4lb 8oz and was tenth percentile. Yesterday at 35+6 hes gone up to 5lb 13oz and is on the 50th percentile. They have gone from being worried hes not growing to being worried hes going to be another big one that has more chance of getting stuck again.

So I guess they do have growth spurts and the scans can be so inaccurate anyway. Try not to worry. Easier said than done though I know!

I think I must be having the heaviest baby on this board!!!
At 33 weeks mine was weighing 6lb 11oz

I don't get a growth scan, but just want to say don't worry! They pack the weight on in the last 6 weeks, up to half a pound a week! So your lo will probably be in or around 7lbs at fullterm which is perfectly normal hon.

At 33+4 they estimated the weight at 5lbs14oz but it seems like a rough idea more than an accurate measurement.
x

I don't believe the estimates they give at all. They told a girl I know she was going to have a tiny baby and he ended up being nearly 9lb!!

Ultrasounds are actually pretty inaccurate tbh. At 35wks my son was an est 6lb 10oz.. He was born 2 weeks later at 5lb 1oz :haha:. This little one was est at 2lb 10oz at 29+2 but i know to take it with a pinch of salt lol

Also.. Fyi.. They work out the est weight with some mad formula.. Its somethin like the head times the femur times the abdo circumference.. Which, sounds like a load of crap to me lol

Also.. Fyi.. They work out the est weight with some mad formula.. Its somethin like the head times the femur times the abdo circumference.. Which, sounds like a load of crap to me lol

I agree, leg bone length added to abdo circumference and head width or however they do it? You still never know how much fat they have on their arms and legs etc. Baby could be chubby or skinny!

I agree that the estimates can be way off. A few days before my daughter was born her weight was estimated at more than a pound more than she did actually weigh at birth.

Just found this, might help as well.

https://www.babycenter.com/average-fetal-length-weight-chart

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"