What does your DH do around the house?

P

Pensivedore

If anything? I do pretty much everything. Washing, ironing, cleaning (although we are getting a cleaner to do the "big" clean once a week) and the grocery shopping. He argument is I only work 2.5 days a week- which is true, but what about at the weekends? Mess that HE makes? I view it as he is a grown man, he doesn't need someone to do his ironing for him and he should take his turn in household chores. I'm just sick of doing everything- he helps a little at bed in the morning with the children but he could do so much more.

My DF likes to clean when I'm not home, and when I say clean I mean he sweeps and mops which he likes to think is a lot. In all fairness after a bit of nagging he will do the washing up and cooking occasionally which I will then have to do again because he doesn't do it properly.:dohh:

Yesterday he washed the towels and hung them up to dry, now I only have to do the huge pile of dirty clothes and underwear. :D

my now ex OH did nothing.. not a thing..

never fed LO or bathed, changed her etc either!!

I'm the same as you. I think my oh is a grown man I don't mind doing the washing and cooking etc as I am a sahm but at weekends I fully expect him to help out. I don't iron clothes so if he needs something ironing he has to do it and he tidies up after himself too which I would expect of anyone xxx

My husband and I are partners and split all housework as evenly as we can. We don't have specific assigned chores, we just do what needs to get done. he usually does more cooking and I usually do more cleaning, but mostly because those are the things we are good at and can get done quickly. He does more yardwork, I do more household office stuff, but childcare is pretty much 50/50.
One thing we do that I think makes it all easier? We thank each other a lot! When husband slaps a great lasagna on the table or I put clean, folded clothes on his dresser - we always thank each other.

He does whatever needs done, we both do

No one has set chores or anything

He puts the washing up away....that is it.

He does alot with the girls though

Not much! Haha. It doesn't bother me too much but it does annoy me when he leaves all his clothes on the floor for me to pick up and wash. He could at least put them in the washing machine. After a few years of nagging he is getting better at this! He doesn't really notice things that need doing! But he look after Holly while I do housework so it gives me a bit of a break from baby duties to do other stuff

Nothing really. Rarely he will wipe the counter tops and the hob but thats about it.

I go back to work on Monday so this WILL change.

We decided tgat he works so hard at work running our bussiness organising everything all day till late at night so I don't gave to work and can look after lo that I would to the house work so free time he has he plays with lo. We have a gardener and a cleaner a once a week and it works great for us he always makes sure ge says thanks and we always tell him how much we appreciate how hard he works.

DH does all the washing up as the water hurts my hands. He'll cook sometimes and he takes the bins/recycling out. He offers to hoover but I do it better :haha:. He'll sweep up under DS's hichchair and wipe his chair down and do other random jobs sometimes. He always gives DS his bath too.

Not alot at all but he works full time and im a SAHM, but he does help with our DD and plays with her quite a bit after work etc.

If i ask him to do something tho he will

Works well for us. He takes care of the financial side of things and i take care of the domestic side :)

He does run his own business, and obviously he is the sole provider for the family ( I work for him so he even pays my wages). But our house is enormous and takes a good day to clean it properly and I'm sick of it- hence why I've decided I'm going to pay for a cleaner once a week. With four kids, washing and dirty dishes are endless- it's very soul destroying when I've spent the day tidying and clothes get dumped the floor, dirty dishes are left lying around and the bathroom is left in a mess. I cook pretty much all meals ( I don't mind but it would be nice to have a thank you once in a while). I know I can't blame the kids really- and they help when I ask. But DH should know better- even if he just puts his mug in the dishwasher after his coffee and puts his shirt in the clothes hamper it would make a difference.

I guess I need to have a sit down and have a talk with him. Thanks ladies, an sorry for the rant (can you tell I've been tidying up most of the day? :haha: )

he does his own ironing, hangs the washing up sometimes and sometimes puts a washing on. i do all the cleaning and tidying up because he works & i don't which i find only fair. but he knows when i get a job, it will be split 50/50

OH works full time plus he also does other stuff that takes up time some evening and weekends. I don't work at all.
Because of this i do the vast majority of the cleaning, cooking, washing and ironing. OH does do some of the washing up and he also does the mowing and other stuff in the garden. He also cleans the toilet :) If i was working i would expect him to do more but at the moment i am generally happy with how things are. The only time i get irritated is if i go out in the evening (doesn't happen often) and i've had to leave the washing up - most of the time he leaves the washing up and i end up having to do it when i get back or the following morning.

He does a lot really, I do get on and do it but he is happy to help out, if I list things I need done he generally goes off and does some. We both really like the house tidy, I am very OCD about it, but if I didn't he could keep it tidy to a seven standard, just not my standard.

Nothing. His job is to do the bins and recycling,he wont do it tho unless i remind him they are overflowing
we have a cleaner that comes every 2 weeks for a deep clean and i do an inbetween clean after a week.

Not alot at all but he works full time and im a SAHM, but he does help with our DD and plays with her quite a bit after work etc.

If i ask him to do something tho he will

Works well for us. He takes care of the financial side of things and i take care of the domestic side :)

This :)

He mooches around, makes mess, leaves to go to work and comes back.

He doesnt tidy or clean or anything to be honest.

I do nearly all the childcare look after his dog etc and I work 2 days a week.

I feel bad admitting this because I love my OH and he is an incredible dad - but he is so crap with housework! He has just started working as a teacher and to be fair he does work very long hours but he is just useless, its like he literally doesn't even think to be anything other than really messy. The problem is that when I do ask him to clean up he never does it properly so I don't see the point! I also sort out all the finances/bills. He does take the bin out though, lucky me :dohh: It doesn't annoy me too much, although when I start working full time he is gonna get a kick up the ass!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->