What does your DH do around the house?

I feel bad admitting this because I love my OH and he is an incredible dad - but he is so crap with housework! He has just started working as a teacher and to be fair he does work very long hours but he is just useless, its like he literally doesn't even think to be anything other than really messy. The problem is that when I do ask him to clean up he never does it properly so I don't see the point! I also sort out all the finances/bills. He does take the bin out though, lucky me :dohh: It doesn't annoy me too much, although when I start working full time he is gonna get a kick up the ass!

Jonny doesnt even take the bin out :rofl:

Hes good with the hoover though, ill give him that. SHIT at everything else.

I don't think I have ever seen Dom hoover! Whenever I ask him to tidy the living room I come in and there is just stuff on the floor, he tries to claim that he has selective eyesight and literally can't see some mess :rofl: I love his mum but I blame her tbh, I don't think she ever made him tidy up a thing when he was growing up and still fusses over him like he is 6!

He tidies up a lot and it annoys me when he moves my things around lol
But he does dishes, and laundry, and sweeps and mops and generally keeps the house clean. I don't have many complaints :)

DH is fab around the house. He puts washing on, washes up, puts bins out. He was up on a ladder this afternoon hoovering cobwebs from the ceiling!

my OH doesnt mind doing a bit of housework he will hoover, wash up, put the bins out, give the kitchen a wipe round i just wish he did more DIY!!

My hubby is so lazy. If I didn't do anything he would never think to do any tidying, cleaning or housework. I think he imagines the laundry fairy comes and puts clean clothes in his wardrobe. :dohh: He hasn't hoovered once or cleaned the bathroom. I feel like I have 2 kids at home, as he makes as much mess as Isla.

We have set things to do in the house so he does - Hoovering, dishwasher, makes the bed every night, mops and changes bin. He does everything with LO when he's around too x

It all depends on if I'm working on the day or not, we share, but some days he will do loads more than me others I will do more :flower:

My husband doesnt do any cleaning, he sometimes makes dinner and takes the bins out but he works two jobs and is hardly at home so tbh i dont expect him to, all i say is tidy up after yourself and thats it, i work about 25 hours a week now or more if i am asked to cover sickness/hoildays......but do all the housework, cook if i'm not working, clean the house, do the laundry, iron clothes if needed and take the dog for walks etc any weekends he isnt working we spend time together as a family as we dont get that chance very often - i find if i keep on top of things its easy enough...

sarahkka: you two sound so lovely !!!

I do everything. It's the deal we made before PJ was even born. I would quit my job (daycare is outrageously expensive and doesn't pay for me to go back to work) and take care of PJ and the house. DH took another job so now works 2 jobs to support the 3 of us. And of course when he gets home, he helps take care of PJ.

My husband does loads around the house

He cleans the toilet (no scrubbing, just pours toilet duck into the bowl)
He irons (but not anything more complicated than a t-shirt)
He dusts (his xbox, the tv and its stand)
He watches LO (while she empties the book case, throws things at the cat, climbs on the sofa and falls off it)
He Hoovers (his car)
He baths the dog (cleans whichever part of her smells with wet wipes)

Whatever i need/ask him to do.
Weekly, without question though he sorts the garden and puts the bins out and cleans the downstairs loo, because hes the only one who uses it.

xx

Lol @ Sarah LO that was so cute.

My OH does...absolutely NOTHING. He is a complete slob. He does work long hours. I work full time leaving the house at 7:00am and returning at 6:00pm. He doesn't cook, doesn't clean, doesn't pick up after himself and even this weekend had me in tears because he yelled at me for washing his pants! He said they weren't dirty and he had them laid all on the arm of the couch! OMG it seriously disturbs me. I asked him to take the trash out this morning...we'll see if this was a success, the last time I asked I gave up and did it myself after 4 days of it sitting there.

My OH does loads around the house! I stay at home and look after our LO throughout the day and do some bits around the house, and he'll come home from work and make some tea for us both. If I go out for the day and don't do any cleaning I'll always come home to a clean house! I guess I'm lucky!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->