What does your LO's name mean?

A

AppleBlossom

For all of you who have had babies or have named your baby already, what does their name mean?

https://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/

Grace means Good will

callum means dove

nicole - victory of the people

I found this site yesterday & love it!!

Anais means Grace or Favour

:)

Kieran means 'little dark one'

Good name choice!!

Kieran means little dark one
Alexander means Defending men
Samuel means His name is God

and

Paige means assistant
Katharina means Pure
Ethne means Kernel; nut

I actually looked at this last night!

Lola means sorrow.And Rose is rose...

So Sorrow of the rose? :D

Charlie means free man and Alexander means defending men....i recon hes gunna be pretty manly then!

Damien Kain
The meaning of the name Damien is To Tame, Subdue.

The origin of the name Damien is Greek.

The meaning of the name Kain is A spear.

The origin of the name Kain is Hebrew.

Kaida Mai

The meaning of the name Kaida is Little Dragon.

The origin of the name Kaida is Japanese.

The meaning of the name Mai is Brightness.

The origin of the name Mai is Japanese.

In case any of you were wondering, neither of us are Japanese..lol
We just liked the girls name... It's pronounced KayDah May (Kaida Mai).

Tye apparently means 'Common pasture' ... although i havnt got a clue what that means :S lol!!

Hebe: means 'youth' or 'prime of life' - In Greek Mythology she was the greek godess of youth, daughter of Zeus, King of the Gods. She was cupbearer to the gods until she married Hercules.

Ellan (from Helen/Ellen) : means wicker, reed, shoot; torch; basket. In Greek mythology the name famously belonged to Helen of Troy, the wife of King Menelaus of Sparta who caused the Trojan War by sailing to Troy with Paris.

For us, Ellan was actually nicked from a BnB member, Leedsforever (Kerry :hugs:). My hubby like Kerry supports Leeds Utd and they play at Elland Road....

So Youth/Young Torch/Basket????

Penelope - In Greek mythology, Penelope was the wife of Odysseus who waited for him to return to her for twenty years. She avoided remarriage by claiming she would not remarry until she had completed her father-in-law's funeral shroud; every night, she unraveled part of the shroud so that the project would take a very long time. In literature, her name has become synonymous with faithfulness.

William James

Meanings according to this site...
William means - desire + helmet, protection

James means - Supplanter

According to me these names mean soooo much more though... William is after my Great Grandfather who passed away in 2001, he meant THE WORLD to me, like no other. Also his father (my Great Great Grandfather) was killed in the WW1 49th infantry... he was also called William. So the name has GREAT meaning to me.
And James is My Grandfather, who because my Dad was never there for me, took on the role as my father, and still does. he means soo much to me, and I dont know where I would be without him.

Astrid means fair/beautiful god and matilda means mighty in battle
Oscar means spear of god/friend of deers (!?!?!) and George means farmer or too work.

My OH loves the idea of a god like battle queen or a deer loving farmer (another pair of hands at the allotment!)

Girls name means - Gazelle and Ewe :haha:
Boys name means - Divine spear and Supplanter :shrug:

Carly - means free man :-s
Ella -means Torch; bright light :huh:

Mind you i looked this up awhile ago and ella means beautiful fairy and carly means womanly, god knows why its says differently on this website :dohh:

My name isn't on the baby name sites so no idea it actually means but i love it anyway.

Alasdair means 'defender of men' and James means 'supplanter' and a supplanter is apparently someone 'who wrongfully or illegally seizes the place of another'....uhhmmmm!
We just like the sound of both names! especially together.

Natalie: Christ's Birthday
Cecilia: Blind - but the shortened version Celia also means heaven.
Rose: Pretty self explanatory

Daniel: God is my Judge
Joseph: He will enlarge (huh?)

Zachariah means "Gods Remembers". Ironic since Im not religious! I just loved the name to pieces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->